1.    #1  
    So today, was a great day that really put MY PRE thru its amazing paces, and PRE scored mighty HIGH!

I have been on the road the last few hours, seeing clients, runnning errands, but wanting and needing to keep up with stuff back at the office.

Here is how my PRE Scenario went:

Driving down the road, with PRE sitting pretty on my modded cup holder stand, MyTether's Screen Shutdown disabled, so I can see whats playing, thru my Motorola BT T505.

As I listen a call comes in, I tap the T505, to answer the call, hear my caller hands free over my FM radio, as my music goes on hold.

Finish the call, music back on. Its lunch time, so I pull into Chick-Fil-A, get my Grilled Chick sandwich, and sit in the parking lot under a tree for some shade.

Music playing, some texts come in, that I address, no interuption from music.

Then I take PRE out of the cup holder, open up Email, to check gmail and one of my POP acccounts. As Im reading email, the song thats playing shows on the notification area, as the mail app is open, but Pandora is still streaming to the FM as I read. I check some websites, including this forum, I send an email, and as thats going, I open up Classic, to be able to Remote back to my home office to check other emails that I dont have comeing to PRE, just want them only in Outlook at home.

So Pandora is playing, gmail is sending, Im reading email thru EZ Remote thru Classic, responding to texts, and JUST for fun, took a few pictures , and checking flight schedules. All at the same time, with various cards open, and PRE NOT missing a beat.

Oh, ya and calls were coming thru from time to time during all this fun.

I wrapped up my lunch, and got back on the road, and traveled back down the road just groovin' to the tunes.

LOVING PRE, and LOVING LaunchPad now I can make calls, do texts, or emails with just ONE tap, NOT 3

Life in the PRE lane is GOOD
    Yeah, but did it read your mind?
    Yeah, the multitasking features of webOS really blew me away when I first heard about them. I've been writing software for mobile devices since the 90's when I got out of college, and all this time, I've watched mobile platforms try their hand at multitasking and inevitably fail.

The multitasking in webOS reminds me of when I first switched from DOS to Windows. I had used crummy "window managers" in DOS that claimed they could "multitask", but doing so involved various keyboard shortcuts, and only worked with some applications. Ironically, that was the same feeling I got with Windows Mobile's attempt at multitasking. When Windows came along with it's task bar (which wasn't quite as effective on mobile, but I digress), it was such a simple concept, but very effective.

The multitasking in webOS seems simple as a user, but you can tell that it's not so simple behind the scenes...lots of parts that work together to provide the overall experience. Even so, it's a completely natural implementation of multitasking that just makes a lot of sense on a touchscreen. That's not fanboyism in the least, that's just me as a developer admiring some really slick designing. I know that it's going to be copied to other mobile platforms, but that's the ultimate justification for a compliment.

The concept that I feel has the most promise, though, is my feeling that since webOS is Palm's core product, we'll probably see a whole lot more improvements over the next few years, possibly more than would be worth Apple or Microsoft's time. In a lot of ways, iPhone and WinMob is kind of a loss leader...they can't be making a fortune on this stuff, but it does get people to use their platforms and services. It's hard to want to keep improving a loss leader, but if it's the product that is keeping your company afloat, you have no choice but to invest in making it better.
    Even better is using Sprint Navigation while biking through my bluetooth headphones while streaming Pandora music and being able to answer calls, all without having to touch the screen once you set your destination and started your playlist.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    LOVING PRE, and LOVING LaunchPad now I can make calls, do texts, or emails with just ONE tap, NOT 3

Life in the PRE lane is GOOD
    dianehelen,
    You should be my new spokesperson for LaunchPad. Thanks for the good words.

-worthb
    try LaunchPad today. Join the discussion here.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    dianehelen,
    You should be my new spokesperson for LaunchPad. Thanks for the good words.

-worthb
    try LaunchPad today. Join the discussion here.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LAUNCHPAD!

I love it so much I want to donate, but do NOT see a donate link?

Where can I send you a pile (ok a small pile) of MONEY for your efforts!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Donate link should be up tonight on main forum page
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by zullnero View Post
    The concept that I feel has the most promise, though, is my feeling that since webOS is Palm's core product, we'll probably see a whole lot more improvements over the next few years, possibly more than would be worth Apple or Microsoft's time.
    Not going to quote your entire post; but seriously, you need to be on this forum more often!! Finally, some sanity from someone that obviously actually knows what he's doing, and doesn't seem to be spending all their time trying to "trash the opposition".
    Think I got ya beat a bit on the multitasking...

Was going to a meeting last night, need GPS...GREAT
    so plugged in the Pre to the car, opened GPS and Pandora of course...wife calls in no problem - then back to music.
    Found a food place on the way (typing while driving....oops) with the food app.
    And checked the Nutritional content on the homebrew app before ordering just for the hell of it (as if I really cared, I'm 128lbs with high metab., but to show off nonetheless plus it was a new app I got yesterday and handt used it yet)

Went to meeting...

Afterwards did the same thing...BUT needed gas, so checked WHERE to find best gas price (while using GPS and Pandora) since it is better then GPS for that...found that gas station in the GPS and filled up. Also used the homebrew mileage app for my fillup without stopping the GPS (so that I dont have to set it up again).

Then halfway home the wife texts (typing again while driving...oops) for a movie...so check Fandango...grab a movie ticket and head home to pick her up....

THIS IS AN AWESOME PHONE!!!!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I love my Pre!
    Yep, I get excited about similar things. The best thing about this is the Pre hasn't crashed on me...ever...during these heavy uses. (knock on wood). I may have had to close and re-open apps before, but that's no biggie.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LAUNCHPAD!

I love it so much I want to donate, but do NOT see a donate link?

Where can I send you a pile (ok a small pile) of MONEY for your efforts!
    Donate link is now on LaunchPad forum page: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...launchpad.html
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    This is a great thread! Hope more people read it.