Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    I just want say that I love my Palm Pre more with each passing day...thanks to all the homebrew apps I've been able to tweak and make my Pre to pretty much fit all my needs. (still waiting for text forwarding though).

    Thanks to WebOS installer I can add extra pages, and with the Launchpad app i've made a whole page of sms, and contacts links which makes it alot easier than the quickdialers because it's just a swipe up and touch the icon I wanna call or sms. I now use my Pre exclusively as my wifi connection for my pc at home thanks to My Tether.

    I could go on and on but I guess I just wanna give THANKS to all the homebrewers/developers that have made the Pre a much more useful and functional smartphone.

    I have also purchased the Best Skins Ever)which was only $7.99, it protects my phone has a great feel and look, and makes my phone nice and shiney
    Last edited by libraryguy72; 08/25/2009 at 05:45 PM.
  2. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #2  
    I'm glad to hear that.
  3. #3  
    I second the thanks to Homebrewers and all the independent developers/development that is ongoing (and has already happened).

    In the last week this phone has gone from a nice "utility" device (mainly used for phone and SMS) to a "smart" phone that I really enjoy using.
  4. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by libraryguy72 View Post
    I just want say that I love my Palm Pre more with each passing day...thanks to all the homebrew apps I've been able to tweak and make my Pre to pretty much fit all my needs. (still waiting for text forwarding though).

    Thanks to WebOS installer I can add extra pages, and with the Launchpad app i've made a whole page of sms, and contacts links which makes it alot easier than the quickdialers because it's just a swipe up and touch the icon I wanna call or sms. .....
    libraryguy72,
    As the developer of LaunchPad I just wanted to say thanks for spreading the word.
  5. #5  
    I just wish I could fit more of these apps on my device. Unfortunately, due to space restrictions, many great apps don't make the cut.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by libraryguy72 View Post
    ...Thanks to WebOS installer I can add extra pages, and with the Launchpad app i've made a whole page of sms, and contacts links which makes it alot easier than the quickdialers.
    I agree LibGuy. Thanks to the developers - I just downloaded LaunchPad and can't wait to use it.
    By the way, how do you add more pages? (without a 'root' I hope)
  7. #7  
    I love mine too!!!

    Only wish that there was 4 things:

    1) Easier way to backspace through text without having to hit and miss tapping.
    2) More room for all the apps I like instead of swapping back and forth.
    3) Way to delete the useless apps like Baseball, NFL, NASCAR, etc that once installed are stuck there FOREVER, forever, forever.
    4) Way to customize my Pre WITHOUT rooting as I don't want to mess with that eventhough it "might" be easy. I could customize my Treo without root, why not Pre.
  8. Ditdah's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #8  
    Out of curiousity, what are you wanting to do that requires rooting? I've been able to do more than I had expected without rooting... just wondered what you were looking for.
  9.    #9  
    If you download WebOS quick install you don't need to root your phone to install these GREAT apps. As for adding extra pages and making ur icons 5X4 all you need todo is go into tweaks on WebOS and check the tweaks you want to apply
  10. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditdah View Post
    Out of curiousity, what are you wanting to do that requires rooting? I've been able to do more than I had expected without rooting... just wondered what you were looking for.
    LaunchPad allows you to add launchpoints (shortcuts) to your launcher pages. These are icons with a contact picture that are assigned to either a phone number or email address and allow you to call, email or text with a single tap. Kind of like the quick-dial type apps but right in the launcher.

    With the launcher only having 3 pages, it's helpful to add launcher pages to be able to sort your apps and launchpoints by category. WebOS QuickInstall has a tweaks page that lets you enable the "add/delete launcher pages" tweak.
  11. #11  
    Wow I hadn't realized how advanced WebOS QuickInstall has become. I guess Filecoaster can't do everything. Nice to be able to do those tweaks without rooting. This combined with Launchpad should be awsome for my most used contacts.
  12. Ccureton's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I love mine too!!!

    Only wish that there was 4 things:

    1) Easier way to backspace through text without having to hit and miss tapping.
    2) More room for all the apps I like instead of swapping back and forth.
    3) Way to delete the useless apps like Baseball, NFL, NASCAR, etc that once installed are stuck there FOREVER, forever, forever.
    4) Way to customize my Pre WITHOUT rooting as I don't want to mess with that eventhough it "might" be easy. I could customize my Treo without root, why not Pre.
    numbers 2, 3, and 4 can be taken care of using the latest version of WebOS quick install

    number 1... hold the orange button and you can move throught the text box by sliding on the touchscreen
  13. #13  
    There is a text fowarding tweak available already. it works great too!!
  14. spepi's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccureton View Post
    numbers 2, 3, and 4 can be taken care of using the latest version of WebOS quick install

    number 1... hold the orange button and you can move throught the text box by sliding on the touchscreen


    How do you remove pre installed apps with WebOS quick install?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by spepi View Post
    How do you remove pre installed apps with WebOS quick install?
    http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2...ckinstall.jpg/

    It doesn't actually remove them. Just the icons.
  16. #16  
    I too am loving my Pre more and more with each day. I am sad to think that one day I will replace it with something else newer, better, faster, but for now I am really enjoying this device.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by zerty55 View Post
    I too am loving my Pre more and more with each day. I am sad to think that one day I will replace it with something else newer, better, faster, but for now I am really enjoying this device.
    Exactly what I thought about my Handspring Visor Plus ... Look at me now ;-)
  18. #18  
    Can anyone get the WebOS Quick Install to work on Win7 RC1?

    So trying to follow the threads...just so many...from what I gather...

    Install WebOS Quick Install and then within that software and reading forum tweaks just change the settings on your pre through the USB?

    Sorry for the dumb questions, just havent had a lot of time to spend on doing all the cool stuff I want to with this awesome phone.
  19. #19  
    DJeremyC,

    If you have the 64bit version there is a tweak you have to make to the Palm Mojo installer. You can do a search on the web for the instructions. It involves modifying the actual installer package to drop one part of the install.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Can anyone get the WebOS Quick Install to work on Win7 RC1?

    So trying to follow the threads...just so many...from what I gather...

    Install WebOS Quick Install and then within that software and reading forum tweaks just change the settings on your pre through the USB?

    Sorry for the dumb questions, just havent had a lot of time to spend on doing all the cool stuff I want to with this awesome phone.
    I got it to work on win7 rc1 x64 ultimate. The problem came with installing the novacom drivers. Had to do it manually. There are some win7 step by step instructions somewhere on precentral. If i find them i will post. but it is possible on win7.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions