1.    #1  
    There are several websites that provide online streaming of local police/fire, etc... scanner calls that I am able to monitor on my desktop. When you use it on the desktop it asks which program you want to use to listen to it. Windows Media Player, Real Player, I-Tunes and another I can't remember are the available selections. I use WMP on the desktop. Is there any way I could use the Pre to listen to the live broadcasts?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    As soon as Kinoma player is available for Pre then you will be able to listen to WMA files hopefully
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    If you can find one that uses winamp they may work, The streaming radio sites that use winamp work on the Pre.
  4.    #4  
    OK, I just checked and Winamp is one of the options listed. However, when I selected winamp to use the Pre still gives me an error. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    CONFIRMED! It works!
    Live Police Scanners Online for Many U.S. Cities!
    I went to this site found the feeds that used winamp, it has "Icons" for which are winamp, hoovered over URL and on the bottom left of my browser it shows the URL, entered it into shoutcast and it streams the feed.
    So I'd assume it would work on most, Do a google search for "police scanner live feed winamp"
    The Pre can play .pls streaming files quite well.
  8.    #8  
    Ok, I am still trying to understand if my Pre will do this. I did read elsewhere that even with Shoutcast it will not work because the files from the Radio Reference sight that are being streamed are Mu3 not Mp3. Seems there is a lot of conflicting info about making it work unless someone comes up with an Application specifically to do this. Has anyone actually been able to stream the live audio from the Radio Reference site or other similar sites? I know both the Iphone and the Blackberry have apps available for this. My computer knowledge leaves a lot to be desired so please be patient if I am having trouble grasping what is needed to do this!
    Thanks
    I listen to Police scanners through Shoutcast just like I do on my PSP. Just search for Police scanners
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I used to stream police scanner sites all the time with my Centro through Kinoma. Have not tried it with the Pre yet.