Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I've been studying the webos-internals for 2 days.. I've searched never posted or anything... I am still having problems

i understand how to use novaterm and i have successfully install 2 patches (new pages to launcher, and 5 icons per row)

but as many times as i install uninstall redo modify the - message forwarding patch and onscreen keyboard patch i can't get them to work...

I'm running os 1.1

it was everything is patched correctly but neither of them works i've been working on these 2 for like 12 hours now...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    aRE YOU?

How are you editing the files? vi? vim? transferring over scp, editing with notepad, then transferring back?

Please post the files that have been patched.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I went through the procedures and I am typing them out in novaterm like webos internals states I'm applying patches already created no editing I go into novaterm type opt/src/modifications get the list and apply the patches like I said I'm following instructions given by webos_internals i t worked for multiple patches but not those. The patch names are

/opt/src/modifications/messaging/message-forwarding.patch

And

/opt/src/modifications/...add-one-screen-keyboard.patch
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    sHOW ME THE POST PLZZ.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i cannot post url's .. i only have 2 posts..

i followed every tutorial in the webos-internals and it still doesnt work
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    1) Applying Patches - WebOS Internals
    2) Patch Messaging Forward Messages - WebOS Internals
    3) the on screen keyboard is in alpha testing, so it might not work: On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

You followed all three steps? You've rooted your pre?
    Well don't just say it doesn't work. What error are you getting? Need details.

WTF does "it was everything is patched correctly..." mean? Is English your second language or is this just a typo?
    Quote Originally Posted by aliallen View Post
    I've been studying the webos-internals for 2 days.. I've searched never posted or anything... I am still having problems

i understand how to use novaterm and i have successfully install 2 patches (new pages to launcher, and 5 icons per row)

but as many times as i install uninstall redo modify the - message forwarding patch and onscreen keyboard patch i can't get them to work...

I'm running os 1.1

it was everything is patched correctly but neither of them works i've been working on these 2 for like 12 hours now...
    I am having this same issue with the MESSAGE-FOWARDING. Tells me the patch does not exist. I really would like to add this patch.

Is the anyone from WebOS-internals that can tell us why this is not working?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Well don't just say it doesn't work. What error are you getting? Need details.

WTF does "it was everything is patched correctly..." mean? Is English your second language or is this just a typo?
    No need to be a sht-****. Can you not actually deduce what he meant? Feels good man.

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I am having this same issue with the MESSAGE-FOWARDING. Tells me the patch does not exist. I really would like to add this patch.

Is the anyone from WebOS-internals that can tell us why this is not working?
    Try... re-reading the original article again. It might give you a good idea of what's going on.
    Try... re-reading the original article again. It might give you a good idea of what's going on.[/QUOTE]

I have applied all other patches the same way and they worked fine. This is the only one that won't work. I have read all the articles and it seems as thought I am not the only one with the same issue.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    "Notes

Patching Patch Messaging Character Counter will not allow for this patch to work, please take a look into this. -thatdude

If the Patch Messaging Character Counter patch is applied manually it works fine with this patch. -NetWhiz "

eh?

Otherwise, go directly to the webos irc channel at: irc://chat.us.freenode.net/webos or (if you're ballsy) go to the internals channel at irc://chat.us.freenode.net/webos-internals (this is filled with devs)
    I figured it out finally, so nevermind.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I figured it out finally, so nevermind.
    Care to share for future reference for some other suckers who will search up in this here forum? Namely, my boy, aliallen.
    Just copy and paste the following steps once you have rooted into your Pre.

1) cd /opt/src/modifications

2) find /opt/src/modifications -name *.patch

3) cd / # It is *very* important to be in the / directory when you run quilt.
    quilt import /opt/src/modifications/messaging/message-forwarding.patch

4) # You should still be in the / directory to run quilt.
    quilt series # you should see your patch listed in here

5) # You should still be in the / directory to run quilt.
    quilt push

6) Reboot
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I will start by saying english is my first language....

Insults don't make solutions . Everything and all the suggestions I've gotten I've already done I've read every article and don't have anything that would be affecting message forwarding(message counter)

I have also installed the patches correctly and it still won't work.

I've ripped apart the webos-internals apart looking for a solution

I've read all the articles..and I tried doing it in putty and that doesn't work either..
    Quote Originally Posted by aliallen View Post
    I will start by saying english is my first language....

Insults don't make solutions . Everything and all the suggestions I've gotten I've already done I've read every article and don't have anything that would be affecting message forwarding(message counter)

I have also installed the patches correctly and it still won't work.

I've ripped apart the webos-internals apart looking for a solution

I've read all the articles..and I tried doing it in putty and that doesn't work either..
    I am in no way trying to be insulting. I will be glad to help in any way I can.

Can you post some screen shots of what you are getting on CMD prompt?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I will do that as soon as I get to a computer later on tonight...

If it helps when I apply the patch using quilt push -a I get a message saying it was provided by jacktheripper and it doesn't say failed or anything...

I am doing this all in novaterm