1.    #1  
    I just got my Pre back from Palm, turn around time of about a week not bad. When i power on the Pre it goes to a white screen which says "Tool Central - Build 283" it then has a dozen or so options avaliable. I've pulled the battery several times but it boots directly into this app, any other suggestions?
    Can you post some screen shots?

That's prrobably a bootloader screen palm uses. Curious how it looks like

Anyhow, I would recommed running the webos doctor
  3.    #3  
    i've tried to capture a screen shot but it's not working i'll take a photo with my digital camera and upload it.. This is going to get me in trouble but where can i find instructions for running WebOS Doctor?

nevermind i found the instructions..
  4.    #4  
    Screen shots:
    DSCF1660 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! - main screen
    DSCF1659 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! - main screen again
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jschramm97/3855839441/- after pressing "More"

I'm running webOS Doc now up to 66%....
    Bootloader screen that Palm uses.

Dev mode

...pretty nifty
    Not really dev mode....... It is more of a way for palm to fix the phones and under one of the menus it should say return to ui and it will load with palms corprate palm profile....As I work for sprint we have to access this menu quite often lol..... Sprint is "cleaning house" for people it finds or thinks is leaking the codes to this and alot of other security menus
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkinstek View Post
    Not really dev mode....... It is more of a way for palm to fix the phones and under one of the menus it should say return to ui and it will load with palms corprate palm profile....As I work for sprint we have to access this menu quite often lol..... Sprint is "cleaning house" for people it finds or thinks is leaking the codes to this and alot of other security menus

okay, so can you tell us how to get into this menu? ...and how to get out of it? so the OP wouldnt have to resort to webosdoctor
    I encountered the same problem as the op. I opened a recently returned Pre only to find myself stuck on the Tool Central window. Though another poster has commented that one can find their way to a "return to ui" button, I would beg to differ.

After two hours on the phone with palm technical support I have hung up and decided to run WebOS Doc this evening. Apparently technical support does not have the ability to talk to the people who actually repair the phones, nor do they know anything about Tool Central. The good news is they told me they would issue a certificate for 10% off the replacement Pre they told me to buy.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I just had this same issue, phone came back from Palm stuck in Tool Central. I sent it back to them to correct and it came back still stuck in Tool Central!

Palm suck so bad, I dont care about HP, not getting another one..
    ___
    Have already Pre-ordered my Nintendo Pre 2