1.    #1  
    I've been putting off getting a replacement because I have a lot of Valuable information in my text messages and I can't forward them to my email, I totally feel stuck and duped, I'm spending valuable time taking dictation from my text messages and emailing them to myself. There just has to be another way right?
    I can't put up with a phone that won't vibrate.
    I don't feel duped, but I do wish there was a way to save/backup/forward text messages.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Theres a way to forward but not save or back up as of yet.

Patch Messaging Forward Messages - WebOS Internals
    Yeah, there are a lot of holes in the current backup, which has already been discussed. I like your method, but the forwarding patch might make it easier.

BTW, why isnt your Pre vibrating?
    Screen capture.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I too am waiting to see if there is a way to save text messages before turning my phone in. There was this post which seemed promising, but I haven't gotten anyone to confirm or deny the one huge concern that was posted:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ng-phones.html
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    I too am waiting to see if there is a way to save text messages before turning my phone in. There was this post which seemed promising, but I haven't gotten anyone to confirm or deny the one huge concern that was posted:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ng-phones.html
    I know emails are stored elsewhere on the file system (/var/luna/data/emails/)... maybe texts are also stored in a similar manner (maybe xml files somewhere)?
    Quote Originally Posted by branded View Post
    ... maybe texts are also stored in a similar manner (maybe xml files somewhere)?
    bump
    After WebOS 2.0 messages are included in the Palm backup.
    Holy old thread batman!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    After WebOS 2.0 messages are included in the Palm backup.
    Actually that is not entirely true. Text message & call log backup support is included only on webOS 2.1.0, webOS 2.0.1 did not support this.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I can't tell what OS you are talking about. But if it is 1.4.5...

I just back up the Palmdatabase.db3 file and txt messages and call logs (and contacts etc) are stored there. I use Internalz to access var/luna/data/dbdata cand copy it to my usb partition. After I switch out phones I just replace the new db3 with the old one. Just make sure WebOs versions are exact same. Has worked every time.

Search the forums.

If you were asking about 2.x I don't know.

hope this helps...

DT
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    do you know what the file name is for your text messages and call logs if I'm just in usb mode?
    "There just has to be another way right?"

Use google voice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Actually that is not entirely true. Text message & call log backup support is included only on webOS 2.1.0, webOS 2.0.1 did not support this.
    The heading on Palm's page says...
    Using Backup (webOS 2.0 and later)
    but you could be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The heading on Palm's page says...
    Using Backup (webOS 2.0 and later)
    but you could be right.
    My personal experience of having doctored my Pre 2, twice with webOS 2.0.1, say's Palm's statement is incorrect. Which is also why I am looking for someone to actually confirm that even with webOS 2.1.0 the Palm profile backup is actually backing up and restoring the 'call log' & 'text messages'.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 03/13/2011 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Typo
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Hey,
    im geussing uv already got the replacement but for next time. iv done this and it worked great. so first download and instal internalz (well now is internalz pro) if u havent already. Then use internalz to get to /var/luna/data/dbdata/ . once ur their copy "PalmDatabase.db3" to media/internals/. Then u just move that file to ur desktop. When u get ur replacement just reverse these instructions and put the old "PalmDatabase.db3" file into ur replacement Pre overwriting the existing file.

Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Is there any way to read the "PalmDatabase.db3" file with an emulator on my desktop/pc? The issue is I need to see texts that have come in on a device with a fried screen...