Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    This has got to be one of the coolest applications yet!

I had posted the question on the Official Classic section of the forums if the Palm application Win-Hand, (a remote PC access application) would work on Classic. So the nice guys at Motion Apps put it to the test, and guess what? Works great!

So you say you want to view files or pictures from your Home desktop or Work?

You want to view Flash (yes Flash) content on your Pre?

Will allow you to access to any browser like FireFox, Opera , Safari on Pre

http://motionapps.blogspot.com/2009/...ssic-with.html

Win-Hand
    Last edited by migs; 08/29/2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Cool!

Now, turn my Pre into a MediaCenter wireless (bluetooth) keyboard and mouse combo!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Holy crap this looks fake and scammy.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Cool, but would be cooler with native WebOS support (i.e. without having to go through classic to emulate an old OS)
    Smells like spam.
    You want to view Flash (yes Flash) content on your Pre?

Want to have access to any browser like FireFox, Opera , Safari on Pre
    Bad idea. Yeah, let's what a Flash video with no audio over a high latency, low bandwidth connection with crap remote access software
    So why isn't this screen shots of Classic on the Pre, rather than a bad Photoshop of a Treo 700p?
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    So why isn't this screen shots of Classic on the Pre, rather than a bad Photoshop of a Treo 700p?
    It's actually a quite acurate representation of a Treo 650
    Nothing really new or magical or exciting about this. Its the same as EZ Remote, that works under Classic, or any other Remote Access app.

I use EZ Remote all the time, have for years, only thing, is now on Pre I had to also buy Classic to be able to use it.

We really DO need a native WebOS Remote access app

As for flash, or anythign else, to do that over a remote connection? ehhh just not fun for me..
    This is basically just vnc right? Nothing special here.
    its vnc but win-hand is not cheap. I used to use it until they over charged for it.

get vnc for remote access and it also works on classic.

I have classic, but really want a WebOS vnc.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Cool!

Now, turn my Pre into a MediaCenter wireless (bluetooth) keyboard and mouse combo!
    Yes please someone do this, would be Kick booty
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Nothing really new or magical or exciting about this. Its the same as EZ Remote, that works under Classic, or any other Remote Access app.

I use EZ Remote all the time, have for years, only thing, is now on Pre I had to also buy Classic to be able to use it.

We really DO need a native WebOS Remote access app.
    I agree. I use EZRemote via Classic, and it works well. We definitely need a WebOS remote access app, though.

Now please quit distracting the Motion Apps guys from adding HotSync ability to Classic.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    I just wish logmein.com will work. It worked flawlessly on my old phones. I actually might try and contact them and see if there is any interest there. Anyone else ever use logmein.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I just wish logmein.com will work. It worked flawlessly on my old phones. I actually might try and contact them and see if there is any interest there. Anyone else ever use logmein.com?
    I use logmein.com every day. Looking forward to a WebOS client myself...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Another +1 for logmein. Great program, unfortunately it's about the only reason I need to keep carrying my lap-top... since it doesn't work on my Pre.
    If you read the OP in a Billy Mays voice........

What, too soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    If you read the OP in a Billy Mays voice........

What, too soon?
    Hmmm ... I didn't know I was capable of reading in a Billy Mays voice. Learn something new every day. I wonder who else I am able to do? I'm going to try Howard Cosell ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I use logmein.com every day. Looking forward to a WebOS client myself...
    I hear ya. I wish there was one for the Pre.
    I would love logmein access. I use it for my servers at work. I used to have it on m WM phone and it was great. Fixed a server from a boat in the middle of a lake in Virgina last year. I am beta testing for logmein right now maybe I will mention an app for the Pre and see if there is any interest.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast