Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible! The Pre can do what my Treo has been able to do for years! Amazing! What will they think of next? Full backup? A decent calendar app? The ability to customize my alert tones? Gee, give Palm and some more 3rd party developers enough time, and it might someday match the Treo for functionality!

OK, I'll give the Pre points for flash and for multi-tasking, but there just isn't much substance behind the flash. If it had real apps that were worth multi-tasking, I'd be a lot more impressed.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    This would be a lot cooler if we didn't have to pay $30 for the stupid Classic application.
    Im a 755p user and use PalmVNC for years with no issues.

Will PalmVNC run in classic mode on the Pre?
    I would also like to see logmein on the Pre. I've used it for years in working with my clients, and it would make my life much easier if it were on my phone (at least I wouldn't have to lug around my laptop with me everyday
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    Im a 755p user and use PalmVNC for years with no issues.

Will PalmVNC run in classic mode on the Pre?
    Yes, PalmVnc works in Classic. I use it everyday. You have to open preferences and make the scrool bars larger to fit your finger(I set it 32 pixels), but other than that it works just like it did on the palm. It's really the only reason I bought Classic and it was very much worth the money. Small price to pay to live on the bleeding edge of technology.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    One thing about Win-hand is its ease of use, mouse gestures and right click are way cool when remotely acccessing my home PC from my Palm
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Nothing really new or magical or exciting about this. Its the same as EZ Remote, that works under Classic, or any other Remote Access app.

I use EZ Remote all the time, have for years, only thing, is now on Pre I had to also buy Classic to be able to use it.

We really DO need a native WebOS Remote access app

As for flash, or anythign else, to do that over a remote connection? ehhh just not fun for me..
    I have been unable to get EZremote to work on the Pre under classic. it won't connect, but I can connect to the system via any other remote PC. Any tricks to make this work? I installed by copying the PRC into the classic install folder and I can access it and set it up, but no luck connecting..

i press connect 16-bit or connect 8-bit and neither works. I am connecting to a Vista machine and 3389 works for regular remote desktop from other systems..
    Regarding EzRemote, make sure you are using the latest version which has better Vista support. The version that works fine for me is 1.5.

I agree that we need a native RDP client or Logmein on the Pre. If you search "logmein palm pre" There is a forum@ logmein that people are showing their interest in a Palm App. I suggest letting our voices be heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by stealph View Post
    If you search "logmein palm pre" There is a forum@ logmein that people are showing their interest in a Palm App. I suggest letting our voices be heard.
    Yup, there is. Anyone who wants logmein on the pre should really create an account on their forums and post in that thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12