1.    #1  
    When I manually dial a number, is there any way I can turn the volume of the dialer down? Everybody in a five block radius can hear it.

Thanks in advance......
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    look around, you can do what I did and make the keys viberate instead of the loud tone. It's a hapic feedback for the keys, that way you know you hit the key with the vibration feedback but don't get the megaphone niose!!

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/..._Dialpad_Noise

There's the link....found it! Hope it helps
    Last edited by awrnsmn; 08/25/2009 at 09:34 AM.
    The simple solution is flipping the ringer switch off before you dial.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
    The simple solution is flipping the ringer switch off before you dial.
    No fun in that.
    Hey awrnsmw...maybe I am not up to speed..but I am attempting to do this change you have listed..but i dont know how to make the changes you have given in your link..please help me out...would love this feature(s)
    It would be nice to be able to select loud alert sounds without alerting everyone when you are dialing. This is one thing that I hope gets changed in an update. This and the notifications coming thru the earpiece while in a call. Didn't anyone at Palm use this thing?
    on mine it makes the sound when dialing from the screen, but if i use the keyboard its silent..
    Quote Originally Posted by odleon View Post
    on mine it makes the sound when dialing from the screen, but if i use the keyboard its silent..
    Interesting, didn't know that.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuschini View Post
    Hey awrnsmw...maybe I am not up to speed..but I am attempting to do this change you have listed..but i dont know how to make the changes you have given in your link..please help me out...would love this feature(s)
    Sorry, I haven't looked at this for a while, do you still need help?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Sorry, I haven't looked at this for a while, do you still need help?
    I do please!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    K....what do you need from me...I'm here to help!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake McFakerson View Post
    When I manually dial a number, is there any way I can turn the volume of the dialer down? Everybody in a five block radius can hear it.

Thanks in advance......
    Did you know the sonic boom dial pad goes through the speaker even if you're wearing the included headphones? I was calling the bank and entering my 400 digit account number thinking I was the only one hearing the pad and this guy told me to "shut the ++++ up and stop playing with your phone".

C'mon palm. I can look like a moron without your help so if the headphones are in then mute the damn dialpad.
    Am I missing something....is the System Sounds (in the Sounds and Ringtones pref panel) volume slider not working for you?

There is a separate volume control for System sounds and the Phone ringer. The side buttons control the RINGER volume. For me the System Sounds slider controls my phone's key presses.

hope this helps.

DT
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yes, but if you do that then ALL the system sounds get quiet, including the notifications. I need to hear the notification beep for texts and emails, but I don't need my entire office knowing I'm making a call.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Did you know the sonic boom dial pad goes through the speaker even if you're wearing the included headphones? I was calling the bank and entering my 400 digit account number thinking I was the only one hearing the pad and this guy told me to "shut the ++++ up and stop playing with your phone".

C'mon palm. I can look like a moron without your help so if the headphones are in then mute the damn dialpad.
    I woulda told him to blow me. But yeah I noticed that the other day I was walking my dogs and it scared them but I didn't hear it since I had my headphones on.

I hate that it's so loud. FIX IT PALM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTreo View Post
    There is a separate volume control for System sounds and the Phone ringer. The side buttons control the RINGER volume. For me the System Sounds slider controls my phone's key presses.
    DT
    Unfortunately system sounds STILL controls the alarm volume too. As many have stated before, alarm volume should be linked to ringer volume, like all my other phones...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    I woulda told him to blow me. But yeah I noticed that the other day I was walking my dogs and it scared them but I didn't hear it since I had my headphones on.

I hate that it's so loud. FIX IT PALM.

then theres the problem if he wants to take you up on the offer...

Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Unfortunately system sounds STILL controls the alarm volume too. As many have stated before, alarm volume should be linked to ringer volume, like all my other phones...
    False.

My phone is on vibrate 90% of the time, i'd much more hate being woken up from someone calling me cause i have to keep my ringer volume high.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    False.

My phone is on vibrate 90% of the time, i'd much more hate being woken up from someone calling me cause i have to keep my ringer volume high.
    I guess you meant to say you disagree, since nothing in my post is false. That includes the fact that the alarm is controlled by system sounds, and of course my personal opinion.

I don't follow the rest of your post either. If your phone is on vibrate, it doesn't ring when someone calls you, but the alarm still does.