Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caromsoft View Post
    I have the CTU phone system ring from the television series "24". I've had it for several years on my phones and never had anyone recognize it.
    That's my ringtone too. The only person to ever recognize it and ask me about it only did because it was their ringtone as well.

I figure there are a lot of people who hear it and cannot pinpoint why it is so familiar and don't think to just ask.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I'm always changing ringtones and use Audacity to make them all in mp3 format. It's extremely simple and you are able to get whatever section/sections of songs you'd like.
    My fiancee's ringtone is the initial verse for Animotion's My Obsession.
    My friend Buck's ringtone is an excerpt of Revolting ****'s Linger Fickin Good where the guys says "Buck Satan, Buck, buck, buck Satan. Buck is a scary motherf@cker. Don't f@ck with buck, cuz buck will f@ck you up. F$*** buck though."
    For a message tone, i have a South Park excerpt from the Christmas Critters Christmas Special. It says "If you try to stop us, we'll have to use our evil, satanic powers on you," in a cute little voice.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Phone:
    The beginning of Queensryche's Mindcrime
    Austin Powers phone ring
    Txt:
    Monty Python - Message for you sir
    Calendar:
    Homer Simpson - Doh!
    I made one for text. Is 4 seconds long of that one chick whisleling from the movie Kill Bill.
    I've got a bunch of frogs croaking.
    Here are a few of my favorites.

I love the pace of the Bourne Identity theme as a ringtone.

The Who's Who Are You is always fun too. For a while I had don't call us, we'll call you by Sugarloaf.

My primary is the Older Phone Louder ringtone.

Thanks to My Notification, for email alerts I have the crickets chirping.

For calendar items, I like the Star Trek Communicator.

When the DK's digital alarm clock is done, I will use Pink Floyd's Time as my alarm clock sound. Nothing like 50 clocks going off at once.

You can really have a blast with the sounds recorded at FreeSounds.

How to make ringtones and links are here.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I use a song as my main ringtone called Leva's Polka by the Finnish group Loituma. It's an acapella tune that is really upbeat and catchy. Sung in Finnish, it has all sorts of trills and odd sounds that my english ears just loves. Bet no one else uses it, which is another reason why I use it. I gotta be different.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    First batch. More comming.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

-Jack Handy, SNL-

-Jack Handy, SNL-

What program are you useing to make ringtones
    I just got my Pre. I have downloaded ringtones (including the louder Pre ringtones) as well as MP3 ringtones from Amazon and regular songs and can not get any of them to be my requested ringtone. It flips back to the Pre default tone. What am I doing wrong here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Best ringtones off all time, Metal Gear Solid.

My notifications ringtone is "Alert" sound, where the exclamation mark appears over someone head. The caller ringtone is the same ringtone as the one in the game, when answering or making a call.
    hey can i get that from you
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Let's see....

In order, by name

Codec Call (From Metal Gear Solid)
    Final Fantasy Fanfare (From, well... Final Fantasy)
    Finding a Treasure Box (From Okami)
    Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni OP (Opening Song from When They Cry)
    I Like to Move It (From Madagascar)
    Metroid Item Collect (From Metroid Metal)
    Mission Impossible Theme (From MI)
    Mortal Kombat - Choose Your Destiny (From MK Techno Remix)
    Passion (From Kingdom Hearts II)
    Pleather for Breakfast (From No More Heroes)

TBC....
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    End of List

Premonition of Fell Purpose (From Super Metroid: Relics of the Chozo)
    Still Alive (From Portal)
    Super Mario Theme (From Super Mario Bros)
    Super Mario Underground (From Super Mario Bros)
    The Twilight Zone Theme (From The Twilight Zone)
    THIS IS a text message (From 300, sort of)
    Zelda Receive Item (From Legend of Zelda)

Most will be excerpts from the songs listed.

Also, to fulfill this request:

Quote Originally Posted by black77026 View Post
    hey can i get that from you
    Found! (From Metal Gear Solid)
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I have a little snippet a yodeling competition in Switzerland. Also the telephone rings from some Mika song.
  18.    #58  
    I'm stoked at how this thread is going. Keep it goin.

Lots of badassness in here.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I usually have my phone on vibrate, but when I do have the volume up, I like calm ringtones that don't scare everyone around me...the problem is that I like rap/hip-hop music mostly as well.

I've made a few from some songs I felt make decent tones...

1. Falling Down (I think it's the Living Legends, but please correct me if I'm wrong)
    2. Feel The Air (Beanie Segal)
    3. Go Again (Kanye...it's very short)
    4. Oh Daddy (Beanie Segal)
    5. The Healer (Eryka Badu sp*?)
    6. U R The 1 (Mos Def)

Let me know what you think!
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cook View Post
    Bird calls that I got from a class I took in college. I use American Robin for an alarm it gets a lot of stares on the subway.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast