Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    scifi.com posted several Battlestar Galactica ringtones a few years ago. I used the Cylon theme as my "unknown caller" ringtone.

I don't use a lot of caller-specific ringtones, but I do use the third chorus from Brad Paisley's "She's Everything" for my wife. (Gets lots of brownie points from my female coworkers.) I've also used Silbermond's "So Wie Jetzt" for close friends and The Aggie War Hymn for fellow Aggies.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Photograph - Def Leppard
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post
    I have a CD of Hanna-Barbera cartoon themes and sound effects. For my Centro, I used the Jetsons theme as my default ringtone and the Jetsons doorbell as my text message alert sound. I'll probably go back to using both when WebOS supports custom notification sounds. But I've got to give credit to the ringtone designer for the PrPrPr&#$275$; -- $the$ $built$-$in$ $ringtones$ $are$ $awfully$ $good$.
    Let me get this right, you like the preinstalled sounds that came on the pre? Man the are sooo lame. Guitar raindance? I felt ashamed whenever my phone range because people would just stare at me.
    I've got a clip of "Still Alive" set as my default ringtone. You know, the song from Portal? The cake is a lie? Oh forget it...

(I've been too lazy to make any others)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher_T View Post
    Just wanted to see who has made their own ringtones and what are their favorites.

Whatcha got??
    I have an mp3 file I acquired some time ago called POS.mp3 - features a group of well harmonized singers singing the chorus "It's a Piece of *****" with keyboard, drum, and guitar so it really sounds artistically strong with production value.

Years ago, it used to be the start windows sound on an old W4WG computer one of my clients had.

I've since made it into a ringtone and suggested any of my iPhone using friends who choose to bash the Pre go ahead and use it as their iPhone's default ringtone.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/26/2009 at 10:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have Benny Goodman's "In the mood" as my ringtone, funny how many "that's an awesome ringtone" comments I get on that one.
    Kiiski
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    My ringtone is FSU's Warchant. I cut it using MP3trim to only have the main part of the Warchant.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I have an mp3 file I acquired some time ago called POS.mp3 - features a group of well harmonized singers singing the chorus "It's a Piece of *****" with keyboard, drum, and guitar so it really sounds artistically strong with production value.

Years ago, it used to be the start windows sound on an old W4WG computer one of my clients had.

I've since made it into a ringtone and suggested any of my iPhone using friends who choose to bash the Pre go ahead and use it as their iPhone's default ringtone.
    Yet you're a member...........?
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher_T View Post
    Yet you're a member...........?
    Note that I only offer it to them when they begin to bash the Pre!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Note that I only offer it to them when they begin to bash the Pre!

very good
    The first one I used was Lionel Richie's "Hello," ("Hello. Is it me you're looking for..."). Then I switched it to The chorus of Never Gonna Give You Up so that when it rings I can shout out "you've just been rickroll'd". My family gets the theme from Arrested Development, and to match, my general ringtone is the opening to The Final Countdown.
  12.    #32  
    MORE
    True Blood Theme Song: “Bad Things” by Jace Everet That's a killer one...
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    True Blood Theme Song: “Bad Things” by Jace Everet That's a killer one...
    Nice idea. Awesome show also.
    Bird calls that I got from a class I took in college. I use American Robin for an alarm it gets a lot of stares on the subway.

I downloaded the original BlackBerry tones and use them for ringtones
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    First 30 secs of Limelight by Rush
    i have i'm so paid by akon, as soon as weezy starts his part its my favorite part of the song. got it from myxer.com took me forever to figure out how to have the phone recognize the ringtone and set it (i was really bored at work)
    Best ringtones off all time, Metal Gear Solid.

My notifications ringtone is "Alert" sound, where the exclamation mark appears over someone head. The caller ringtone is the same ringtone as the one in the game, when answering or making a call.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Heh just like DryBear I have the Kirk VS. Spock battle theme as a ringtone. I also use the main overland theme from Super Mario Bros as my default ringtone.

I have the Star Trek TOS communicator chirp as my notification sound. It's FANTASTIC for that, seems to cut through most ambient noise I happen to be around so I can hear the Pre going off much more easily now.
    My current one is a 30 second clip from Wicked, Defying Gravity... I OBSESS on that song..

gravityringer.zip
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast