Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I dropped my perfect launch day Pre today for the first time. The screen cracked right down the middle, and the right side doesn't recognize touches anymore. There isn't a scratch on the phone (have BSE screen protector). So, Sprint is replacing for free. I hope the replacement is as good as the first!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reissc1 View Post
    I dropped my perfect launch day Pre today for the first time. The screen cracked right down the middle, and the right side doesn't recognize touches anymore. There isn't a scratch on the phone (have BSE screen protector). So, Sprint is replacing for free. I hope the replacement is as good as the first!
    This is an insurance issue, not a warranty issue... You dropped it, you have to pay the $100 deductible...
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    ok your getting it replaced so all is well...

right??
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    This is an insurance issue, not a warranty issue... You dropped it, you have to pay the $100 deductible...
    should be, yes. but, hey, personal accountability isn't for everyone, is it?
    $100 deductible is only for water damage and theft through Asurion. You should get a free refurb if you have the sprints insurance added on your plan.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    $100 deductible is only for water damage and theft through Asurion. You should get a free refurb if you have the sprints insurance added on your plan.

That's not true.

Physical damage also requires a $100 deductible
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post

Incorrect... He dropped it, he pays to replace it... lost, stolen, physical or Liquid damage...

http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...3-2024_TEP.pdf
    Last edited by ZEROpcs; 08/25/2009 at 11:02 AM.
    I think you guys are getting ripped off,

Before the Pre I had a blackberry Curve, That phone was replaced twice under the

"Equipment Service & Repair Program
    Coverage: Mechanical or electrical failure, routine maintenance and failure from normal wear and tear."

from damage caused by myself on accident. The one time I had to pay the $100 deductible I had thrown up on the phone, and they considered it water damage.

Also my father who had the 8830, smashed his phone at least 8-10 times in a 1 1/2 year period purposely, because he is a hot head and his phone always seemed to "mess up" on him. All were replaced at no cost. We didn't lie about it either, you have to fill out a form and tell them what happened, which we did because we understood that it was only water damage or theft which resulted in the deductible.

This took place at a sprint certified repair store and also a genuine sprint store.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    I brought it in to the Sprint store. They looked at the crack, asked if they could take off the BSE, and filled out a ticket for me to pick up a new one (refurb I'm sure) on Wednesday free of charge. Only questions that they asked were whether or not it was within 30 days (not) and if I have insurance (I do). The lady did mention that they have seen cracks before for no reason. I guess we will see what happens tomorrow.