1.    #1  
    First post. Been reading awhile and great info here.

Just received a replacement Pre due to overheating issues. Since activating, the EVDO bar is nowhere to be found.

I searched for a topic on this but couldn't find one that matched.

Anyone have any clues on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.
    I can't think of anything that comes to mind. I would refer to Sprint on that issue as it seems like a networking problem.

You could always try:
    -Update network settings (via Phone app preferences)
    -Reboot phone
    -WebOS Doctor

But I would recommend going to Sprint. How did you leave Sprint without checking if it worked? hehe

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    yes i had the very same problem. I spent hours on the phone with sprint and they could not fix it. I don't know why but i switched the battery out on my old pre with the cracked screen and that fixed it. I cant explain just that my replacement is working just fine now. (and yes i had taken the other/new battery out about 10 times with the dude from sprint)

hope that helps.
    My most recent pre took two hours to get evdo. Sometimes there is a slowdown in sprints system. If it doesn't come on in 4 hours then there is a issue. Update like the poster above and that should speed it up
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    You try checking your evdo settings? ##evdo# in the phone app? I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. I updated settings and while the "EV" icon isn't displaying, another icon with a phone symbol above nine square boxes like a mini keypad is displaying.

Does this make sense?

Much appreciated.
  7.    #7  
    It says "Hybrid Rev A." Not sure what that indicates.
    If it helps any, I talked to a sprint rep today who said they are updating their network. They have been for a couple weeks and will be for a lil longer.
  9.    #9  
    Okay. That was the TTY icon that somehow got turned on.

Wow, this is frustrating.

Thanks for all the help.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    im having that problem too. and usually it happens when i have no data services. did a data restore, hard reset, and finally ran webos doctor. it solved it for maybe 4 days and im back at not being able to use data again.

(no wonder why mytether didnt work for me at school today)
    If you have your MSL code, open up your dialpad and type in ##786 then on the screen that opens scroll down and click reset. It will then ask for your MSL code. Punch that in, let the device reset and reboot, and hopefully you should have your EVDO back and will be able to sign in. I had this happen on both of my Pres and this solved it.

Hope this helps!