Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Since we see 1 or 2 of these daily, I thought I'd make it easier for whiners to hate on the Pre and Palm by using this fabulous whining post. Just select your choice from each of the sections in red and cut and paste - it's free!

My 30 day trial is up/almost up and I'm thinking about leaving/sadly returning the Pre to go back to my Blackberry/iPhone/HTC Hero/Android phone. While the Pre has some great features, it's egregious/embarrassing/unconscionable/laughable that Palm failed to include so many features that are vital to ME, whether or not my individual needs bear any relationship to the market at large. How can they release such a piece of crap/obvious beta device/poor substitute for my iPhone? How could it not have [include any and or all] Voice Dialing/Customizable Alerts/Landscape PDF's/categorized contacts/mp3 scrubbing/cut and paste/email search/video recording in this day and age? I have been trying to be patient, but where are the updates? WebOS 1.04 and 1.1, even though they've come out since the June launch (which was AGES ago!!!!) have yet to add these features. My Treo/BlackBerry/iPhone/Clie/Tungsten had this. Why couldn't Palm put it into the Pre? Plus, their app store is a joke/tiny/overpriced, even if they just released the SDK one month ago. Plus the build quality on the device is inexcusable/wretched/a crime against humanity. I am now on my 3rd/4th/6th/I've lost trackth Pre. Of course, I bear no responsibility for failing to check out the Pre in advance of buying it to determine if it would be right for me. I am not a troll/iPhone fanboy. I am just trying to speak the truth/give honest criticism/raise some important issues. I know everyone is benefiting enormously from these pearls of wisdom I post. Maybe I will be back once Palm releases a non-beta product/WebOS gets some real apps/my next 30 day trial is up/I get tired of french-kissing my iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    .....I get tired of french-kissing my iPhone.
    i love that ending haha
    Why couldn't you have made a better whining template? I don't like this one.
    To be "fair and balanced" could you also provide a "rabid fanboy response" template?
    HAHAH

Reminds me of MadLibs

but, then Im probably the only one old enough to know what that was

Thanks for the laugh, on an otherwize annoying stressful day..

The only GOOD part of MY day has been playing with my PRE
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    While the Pre has some great features, it's egregious/embarrassing/unconscionable/laughable that Palm failed to include so many features that are vital to ME, whether or not my individual needs bear any relationship to the market at large.

To many posters think they are the cell market's ideal customer. Great template.
    I'm not sure how to interpret this. Its funny, but also kind of sad that its spot on.
    Stop!!! I am trying not to laugh out loud at work!!

Good stuff, guys and gals!
    Classic! That about sums it up!
    The best way to describe this thread in one word would be "hypocritical". Your just whining about whining. I'm sure you must have something better to do. Then again, maybe you don't.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    The best way to describe this thread in one word would be "hypocritical". Your just whining about whining. I'm sure you must have something better to do. Then again, maybe you don't.
    Then you must be whining about his whining about whining. Jeebus, what a hypocrite. Don't you have something better to do?

At the very least, his post was funny. Yours? Not so much.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thanks for the laugh. Truly sums up 99% of the complaint posts. Oh, I remember mad libs. I guess we're both old ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    Why couldn't you have made a better whining template? I don't like this one.
    Damn you; just spit soda all over my screen.
    Awesome thread made my day!
    Quote Originally Posted by keri2000 View Post
    Oh, I remember mad libs. I guess we're both old ;-)
    +1
    Epic thread is epic.

And i remember ad libs and i'm 25. They've been around for quite some time.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Nice!!!!! This just made my day alot funnier..
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Here's a Pre-Defense template:

Well, I got my Pre day 1 / first month and it's working fine so you must be too picky / unreasonable / a troll / stock manipulator / Apple employee.

You really don't need / don't want / shouldn't expect that feature.

Remember, the iPhone was out for 6 months / 1 year / 2 years before they got that feature.

Why would you need that when you can use Classic / homebrew app / web browser / calculator / PC / alarm clock / Nintendo DS / iPod Touch / Garmin / paper & pencil / just call sombody and ask what the song is. What are you, lazy?

Be patient. The apps are coming next week / next month / next year / next WebOS device

The Pre is really a 1.0 device / 1.1 device / national hardware beta test so you really shouldn't expect perfection.

Why don't you go buy a Palm OS / Blackberry / iPhone / Android / WinMob instead? It sucks. I should know. I had one / borrowed one / played with one / tried it at the store

Next time you should direct your complaint to an existing thread / confidential email to Palm / anywhere but here - we don't want to hear about it
    Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    Since we see 1 or 2 of these daily, I thought I'd make it easier for whiners to hate on the Pre and Palm by using this fabulous whining post. Just select your choice from each of the sections in red and cut and paste - it's free!

My 30 day trial is up/almost up and I'm thinking about leaving/sadly returning the Pre to go back to my Blackberry/iPhone/HTC Hero/Android phone. While the Pre has some great features, it's egregious/embarrassing/unconscionable/laughable that Palm failed to include so many features that are vital to ME, whether or not my individual needs bear any relationship to the market at large. How can they release such a piece of crap/obvious beta device/poor substitute for my iPhone? How could it not have [include any and or all] Voice Dialing/Customizable Alerts/Landscape PDF's/categorized contacts/mp3 scrubbing/cut and paste/email search/video recording in this day and age? I have been trying to be patient, but where are the updates? WebOS 1.04 and 1.1, even though they've come out since the June launch (which was AGES ago!!!!) have yet to add these features. My Treo/BlackBerry/iPhone/Clie/Tungsten had this. Why couldn't Palm put it into the Pre? Plus, their app store is a joke/tiny/overpriced, even if they just released the SDK one month ago. Plus the build quality on the device is inexcusable/wretched/a crime against humanity. I am now on my 3rd/4th/6th/I've lost trackth Pre. Of course, I bear no responsibility for failing to check out the Pre in advance of buying it to determine if it would be right for me. I am not a troll/iPhone fanboy. I am just trying to speak the truth/give honest criticism/raise some important issues. I know everyone is benefiting enormously from these pearls of wisdom I post. Maybe I will be back once Palm releases a non-beta product/WebOS gets some real apps/my next 30 day trial is up/I get tired of french-kissing my iPhone.
    Is there any way we can make these into an app for the Pre? To where all you have to do is click which responses you want to keep and it will create a new thread about it. Then, of course, have it randomly pick the incorrect forum to post it in. Finally, to top it off, give the ability to choose how many days until it generates another new thread and posts in a different forum. Is this possible? Thanks.

EDIT: I would be willing to beta test.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 08/24/2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Is there any way we can make these into an app for the Pre? To where all you have to do is click which responses you want to keep and it will create a new thread about it. Then, of course, have it randomly pick the incorrect forum to post it in. Finally, to top it off, give the ability to choose how many days until it generates another new thread and posts in a different forum. Is this possible? Thanks.
    Actually, it needs to randomly put in something offensive to get the thread closed after 10 entries and then generate another one that starts out with how they have been wronged by the senseless disregard for their first ammendment rights, and then have that one closed by the mods.

Finally it resubmits under another username that is only slightly different from the first. OP from totallycoolawesomeguy and followup thread from totallycoolawesomeguy1.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Actually, it needs to randomly put in something offensive to get the thread closed after 10 entries and then generate another one that starts out with how they have been wronged by the senseless disregard for their first ammendment rights, and then have that one closed by the mods.

Finally it resubmits under another username that is only slightly different from the first. OP from totallycoolawesomeguy and followup thread from totallycoolawesomeguy1.
    Ooohhh ... good addition. However, I would like to see that as an option that you can toggle on/off in the preferences.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast