Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    the sad attempt for iphone users to charge wireless dont know if the link will show up

I want it!: Wireless phone charging - PhoneDog Cell Phone News & Articles
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    This is not new. Been around for a good while and Apple isn't the developer.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    This is not new. Been around for a good while and Apple isn't the developer.
    i never said apple was developing it i said that now iphone users can try and copy the touchstone which is 1 million times better the that thing
    Electronics toothbrushes use this.

Its not a new tech. Just being used in a new industry.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Electric Toothbrushes have been doing it for years. So is Palm pathetic for using that technology for phones or is all of this stuff just considered "progress".
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Its still an innovative feature be it new or old on a cell phone!...I like it, its different and it works well and thats the bottom line, Im sure more phone develpors will be using similar technology in feature devices!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Electric Toothbrushes have been doing it for years. So is Palm pathetic for using that technology for phones or is all of this stuff just considered "progress".
    i never said it was new. did you not read my post i said another way for iphone users to try and imitate the pre no way in there did i say it was new or apple was developing it learn to read
    This thing doesn't look very functional. You have to put that hideous case on your phone and set it on that big mouse pad looking thing. The iPhone wont have a Touchstone-like accessory until its 4th gen. Apple will put a different back on the next iPhone and release a charging accessory just like the TS. I'm sure that's not all Apple will copy, they'll probably also rip off the Pre's card system in some way and try to put their own spin on it. But good ideas are bound to be copied. One could even argue that without the iPhone, the Pre might not exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by glomgold View Post
    This thing doesn't look very functional. You have to put that hideous case on your phone and set it on that big mouse pad looking thing. The iPhone wont have a Touchstone-like accessory until its 4th gen. Apple will put a different back on the next iPhone and release a charging accessory just like the TS. I'm sure that's not all Apple will copy, they'll probably also rip off the Pre's card system in some way and try to put their own spin on it. But good ideas are bound to be copied. One could even argue that without the iPhone, the Pre might not exist.
    My roommate has an iphone and i just got a pre....he commented on the touchstone saying its a cool idea but its stupid because "you always have to put your phone in the same place" haha that made me laugh because usually when i sit down i ALWAYS put my phone in the same spot. i think its just a bit of pre-envy
    Other companies have already done this in the cell phone space. While Palm's solution is, I think, better, it's not the first. I fail to see how this is "iPhone copying Pre" when, technically, you could say Pre copied this.
    The real beauty of this thing is that the manufacturer makes battery doors for lots of devices, so you can charge your XBOX controller, your iPhone, your Wii controller, etc. all at the same time with one universal charger.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    i never said it was new. did you not read my post i said another way for iphone users to try and imitate the pre no way in there did i say it was new or apple was developing it learn to read
    Yeah. Neither did I, nor everyone else who responded to your thread title. The iPhone accessory doesn't "copy" the Pre, it implements technology that has existed for years. There's no need to be offended by people pointing out the inaccuracies of your title.

The problem with flinging the "Learn to Read" defense is that if you are wrong then it's way too easy for someone to say "Learn to Write". So just relax, nobody is attacking you.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    That thing looks like you could grill some steaks on it :P
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    That thing looks HUGH and I wouldnt use that, the touchstone is more personable and they need to make something in that essence that thing is hugh bulky and to much space..they need to make specific back covers like Palm did with Pre for it to be comparable
    Copy away. Apple/Microsoft/Palm all copy one another. Difference is marketing.

Microsoft copies and it's irresponsible corporate greed, and anti-competitive.

Palm does it and they have Iphone Little Brother Envy (ILBE)

Apple:

Steve Jobs is now going to work in an I-Travel

Specs:

* 4 round metal things in round, air-filled, rubber casings.

* 4 seating areas