1.    #1  
    I am getting upset on the so old voicemail system...
    Im not sure what is visual voicemail, if it is getting your voice messages transcripted into text I am not interested, what I hoped when I bought the Pre is that it haded a nice voicemail menu, sorry to say this, like my old iPhone... there I could see on a menu/card or whatever all of my messages separated with the name or number of the person who left the message, how long was the message and I could tap any message to select wich one I wanted to listen or simply erase from the menu, etc... isn't this ever going to happen for the Pre ????????????????
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    That's what visual voice mail is, name, number, time of call. Did you not research the phone before you bought it? Who knows if we'll get it, I also hope we do, but I KNEW what I bought, when I bought it! Are you telling me the other features it has, ie: multitasking, sync w/cloud...ext, doesn't overcome that one minor thing? I'm sure improvments are coming, this phone is still in it's infantcy yet, it'll come around.
    The old voicemail is definitely old. No Visual Voicemail has been confirmed for the Pre as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    That's what visual voice mail is, name, number, time of call. Did you not research the phone before you bought it? ...
    Considering that the OP didnt even know what it was called on his/her iPhone, its safe to assume the answer!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    The old voicemail is definitely old. No Visual Voicemail has been confirmed for the Pre as of now.

Considering that the OP didnt even know what it was called on his/her iPhone, its safe to assume the answer!
    Ya, I guess that was a given. I didn't even notice that!
    You know, all kidding aside, Visual Voice Mail is a real must for this phone. It is a "killer app" on a phone and once you've used it, you will find anything else old and out-dated.

I had it on the Instinct that I transitioned with from my useless 800w (755p, 700p 650... before) and waiting for the Pre.

VVM is right up there with Voice Command dialing as a surprisingly missing application for the Pre.

YES, I knew it didn't have it BEFORE I waited in line on launch day BUT, I given the "High-Tech" nature of this phone I am surprised that nothing more has been mentioned about VVM or Voice Command. And YES, I would buy either as a seperate app as soon as they became available.

Given everything else this wonderful phone can do I am surprised these application were missing at launch or even 1.1.

Do I need either application? No, but I sure would like them and feel that the Pre is less because they are lacking.

Jon
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    That's what visual voice mail is, name, number, time of call. Did you not research the phone before you bought it? Who knows if we'll get it, I also hope we do, but I KNEW what I bought, when I bought it! Are you telling me the other features it has, ie: multitasking, sync w/cloud...ext, doesn't overcome that one minor thing? I'm sure improvments are coming, this phone is still in it's infantcy yet, it'll come around.
    I actually did a research on the device and went to the store with a pretty good idea on what it haded, except I didn't looked for that before I purchased... don't get me wrong cause I like all of the other features of the device and how it has worked I have no other complaints, but that was a very handy tool for me. I played with it on the store for a while but the stores rep didn't knew anything about the device, he even told me it did had video recording when I cleary knew it didn't I gave him the device and told him to find it for me and it was really funny that customers knew more about their device than them... anyways i just hope we get VisualVoicemail soon