1.    #1  
    Is there a setting to make the display stay on while the Pre is charging? Is there a reason you wouldn't want it to?

I had this functionality on my Palm Tx, and now I miss it.

Regards,
    Tom
    Get a touchstone and it'll stay on
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuessWho727 View Post
    Get a touchstone and it'll stay on
    Interesting that you should say that. I have a touchstone, and it doesn't stay on...except for a couple times. I assumed those times were due to flakey behavior, and even restarted once when I saw it happen.

Should it stay on when charging on the touchstone?

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Interesting that you should say that. I have a touchstone, and it doesn't stay on...except for a couple times. I assumed those times were due to flakey behavior, and even restarted once when I saw it happen.

Should it stay on when charging on the touchstone?

Regards,
    Tom
    Well, I've noticed that during the day, when the Pre is on the Touchstone, the display, (card view), stays on. Then, sometime around 4-5pm it switches to the screensaver mode (where you have to slide the yellow ball to unlock)

Right now, 2:36pm Eastern, the Pre has been sitting on the Touchstone for an hour or so, and the card view display is still active. Hitting the power button briefly, will put it in locked/screensaver mode, though.

Undocumented "feature"?

Cheers, Todd K.

update: at approx 3:30pm eastern the display switched from card view to screensaver. It had been sitting there for the past 3 hours displaying the card view on the Touchstone. (I put it on the TS around 12:30pm.)
    Last edited by ToddK; 08/24/2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: update
    This command makes it stay on while connected to a power source (computer or outlet) however it will shut off when connected to the TouchStone. Works great for me when i have Terminal open to edit things:

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.display/control/setProperty '{"onWhenConnected":true}'
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    This command makes it stay on while connected to a power source (computer or outlet) however it will shut off when connected to the TouchStone. Works great for me when i have Terminal open to edit things:
    thank you! this is exactly what i was looking for =)
    the amount of ambient light affects the screen while on the touchstone also. when I gt to work in the am, i put the phone on the touchstone, it is dark in the office. I will turn on the screen and it will within a few seconds go to the clock screen. when the lights are turned on, the screen will stay on with no problem.
    there is a preware app that allows the screen to never turn off also.