1.    #1  
    Will TEP insurance over lost phones? Does anyone know specifics on what it does cover?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    Will TEP insurance over lost phones? Does anyone know specifics on what it does cover?
    Yes it covers lost, stolen, water damage, physical damage and everything in between. Damage, lost and stolen requires $100 deductible though.
  3.    #3  
    Does anything NOT cost the 100 dollar deductible??
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Does anything NOT cost the 100 dollar deductible??
    I think if the phone is defective but has no sign of physical or water damage there is no deductible.
  5.    #5  
    My phone is all screwed up. The messaging isn't showing up for anything and it is very slow and the contacts don't show up all the time...I'm wondering if they will swamp it out...
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    My phone is all screwed up. The messaging isn't showing up for anything and it is very slow and the contacts don't show up all the time...I'm wondering if they will swamp it out...
    Take it to a sprint corp store. If you can duplicate the defects I don't see why they wouldn't replace it.
  7.    #7  
    Oh okay thanks. Its just really annoying!!
    How bad of an oreo wiggle would you say is worth them considering to fix that or replace it with a refurb?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    On the System Side (as oppose to physical), you might pull out the battery for 40 seconds and see if the reset helps!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danno1769 View Post
    How bad of an oreo wiggle would you say is worth them considering to fix that or replace it with a refurb?
    From what I have gathered the whole oreo thing is very subjective. They can say it's normal or they can say it's your fault. Truth is it depends on the rep that wants to help you out and call it a defect so you can avoid the deductible. It's a crapshoot with oreo replacement unless you don't mind paying the deductible.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasado View Post
    On the System Side (as oppose to physical), you might pull out the battery for 40 seconds and see if the reset helps!
    Yea thats usually what these "tech wizards" at the sprint stores will do as a first try at fixing it. Never hurts to try though.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Yea thats usually what these "tech wizards" at the sprint stores will do as a first try at fixing it. Never hurts to try though.
    90% of the time a reset of any electronic device will fix a software-related issue. Truly, doesn't matter if it is a desktop, laptop, phone, GPS system, etc. just a simple power cycle can do wonders. It is troubleshooting 101. Is it plugged in? Is the battery in? Does it turn on? Basics is where you start, and then you go on up to the more advanced things. If you start advanced and all it takes is restarting it you waste a lot of time for nothing. Waiting 2 minutes for it to reboot is a small price if it works versus messing around for an hour and getting nowhere.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    90% of the time a reset of any electronic device will fix a software-related issue. Truly, doesn't matter if it is a desktop, laptop, phone, GPS system, etc. just a simple power cycle can do wonders. It is troubleshooting 101. Is it plugged in? Is the battery in? Does it turn on? Basics is where you start, and then you go on up to the more advanced things. If you start advanced and all it takes is restarting it you waste a lot of time for nothing. Waiting 2 minutes for it to reboot is a small price if it works versus messing around for an hour and getting nowhere.
    Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. Like I said, it can't hurt. It just seemed that the OP was pretty versed in this simple fix and was complaining about some possible serious defect.
  14.    #14  
    Reset didn't help