Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am a non Sprint customer. If I go sign up with Sprint and get this phone today what will I be paying for today? Any fees etc? Also can I sign up through Best Buy?
    $299 plus tax. There is a $100 mail in rebate. They may also require first month up front.
  3.    #3  
    No if I get it at Best Buy it is an instant rebate so its only $200 but can I sign up there? And besides the phone what do I pay for?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I just terminated my Verizon contract, and am signing up very soon with Sprint as well.

Unless you want accessories, all you'll be paying is $299.99 + tax and the activation fee. Order online and there is no activation fee. You'll get $100.00 back later in the form of a rebate. Best Buy offers the Pre with no rebate, so $199.99 plus tax. Yes, you can sign up there.

Honestly, I'm signing up through Sprint.com, because I have a discount I need to use, and no activation fee. They give free overnight shipping.

Keep in mind the Pre offers wireless charging, so you might want the Touchstone kit, which is seperate.

Make sure you pass the credit check, and basically all you're paying for is the phone.
  5.    #5  
    Whats teh activation fee?
    $36
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I thought rebates had to be postmarked by 7/25/09
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    All depends on when you bought the phone. They're not going to rip you off $100.
    Are you going to be trying to use the Pre that you were talking about in the other thread that you started, the one that you very inexpensively? In that case you'd only have to pay activiation fees and choose a plan. No contract required in that case.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    New lines of service don't have to wait for the mail in rebate you get it in store. People upgrading will have to wait for the rebate. So your price for the pre out of your pocket will be 199 (I work for Sprint)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Max, are you sure about that? Because I when I go to check-out online, it's $299.99 plus tax.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    If you already have the phone, sign up over phone or internet, no activation fee that way. They will activate it on the spot for you with no out of pocket cost, as it will be billed on your first bill.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    $36
    Must be for 2 lines. I only paid $18, for 1.
    Last edited by Brasado; 08/24/2009 at 12:52 PM.
    $18 is the upgrade fee for existing Sprint customers
    If you get it from best buy, you pay the $199, plus tax. The activation fee is included in your first months bill. Pretty much you are just paying for the Pre($199), and any accessories you might buy. I definetly suggest the car charging kit, and maybe a case or hip holster. Maybe a screen protector. That is also assuming that you don't have to put a deposit down with Sprint, if your credit checks out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    New lines of service don't have to wait for the mail in rebate you get it in store. People upgrading will have to wait for the rebate. So your price for the pre out of your pocket will be 199 (I work for Sprint)
    Don't know about where you work but I know at our corporate location we have been instructed from day one specifically not to do anything like this on the Pre. Initially it was due to demand, now it still is in effect, we haven't been told it was lifted at all even though we do now have inventory consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasado View Post
    Must be for 2 lines. I only paid $18, for 1.
    New lines are $36, adding a line to an existing account is $26. Upgrading is $18. Ordering online waives the activation and upgrade fees but you do have to wait for the device depending on the shipping method, and processing can take longer depending on how many orders they are filling at the time. Around new device releases processing gets quite a bit slower with all of the added orders.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    You may work for Sprint, but you were not in my Sprint store on 6/6/2009 when I activated a new pre and new line. (I was previously on Verizon.) I paid $299 for the phone (got $100 back on rebate) and paid $36 activation fee.
    I asked the Sprint CSR if he could wave the activation fee and the Sprint rep said no problem. I didn't give a reason I just asked and he said yes.
    You might want to also head over to sprintusers.com and check out their forums. I seem to remember there being a sticky post somewhere with a list of corporate discounts that Sprint has that you could use if you work for the appropriate company (or are a member of a larger organization, union, credit union, etc.). This could save you anywhere from 7 to 20% per month. Just don't get too carried away like some of the posters over there who are constantly haggling.

I've been a Sprint customer for many years now (always been happy with them too) so I can't speak to the process of signing up as a new customer, but I've always had good experiences with their telephone sales departments. If you qualify for any of the corporate discounts they can get that set up for you and as a previous poster said, if you play your cards right, they may even waive the activation fee too.
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    New lines are $36, adding a line to an existing account is $26. Upgrading is $18.
    I am an existing sprint customer, and purchased my PRE on launch day. Never paid the $18 upgrade fee, it was charger and credited on my bill. I never even asked about it instore, so there must be some kinda special deal with the PRE. Or I got a really nice employee!

To the OP, hope you enjoy the PRE as much as I have. For me, it is the best thing since Pizza! (Never cared much for 'sliced' bread)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast