1.    #1  
    Searched to see if anyone else is having similar issues, but haven't found anything.

Bought a car charger for the Pre at Best Buy. It seemed to work on a trip then died. Plug it in with the Pre on, or off, and it won't seem to initiate a charge.

Returned to Best Buy and exchanged for the car charger made by Palm and it won't work either.

Problem is not with the lighter in the car, as it works with all other charges I have in there (ipod, xm radio, etc.).

Anyone have any thoughts on a fix? Does the phone itself need to go back?

The phone will charge inside using the standard wall charger, but I can't survive without a car charging solution of some kind.
    Turn the pre off for 10 sec, let it idle. Then plug the charger in.

If that doesn't work, try again, this time throw away all the cards first.

If all fails, check the marketplace, I have working oem car chargers for $10 bucks
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me, I exchanged at bestbuy, will work for a bit then die on me, I've just resorted to charging on my dock at work and wall charger at home. I think it's something Palm needs to address with faulty products.
    Plug it up and go into idle for 10 sec then it will charge. I think it is a bug with the Pre.
    with the pre awake, plug in the charger, then press the power button to idle. Press the power button again to wake it up and it should be charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxjayhawk View Post
    Searched to see if anyone else is having similar issues, but haven't found anything.

Bought a car charger for the Pre at Best Buy. It seemed to work on a trip then died. Plug it in with the Pre on, or off, and it won't seem to initiate a charge.

Returned to Best Buy and exchanged for the car charger made by Palm and it won't work either.

Problem is not with the lighter in the car, as it works with all other charges I have in there (ipod, xm radio, etc.).

Anyone have any thoughts on a fix? Does the phone itself need to go back?

The phone will charge inside using the standard wall charger, but I can't survive without a car charging solution of some kind.
    I had the same problems with a car charger from the same source. My charger is a Rocketfish. When charging, it glows red on the external end of the plug. I find that if I fiddle with the charger, I can get the light to light and the phone to charge. It is entirely a function of the charger, not the phone. I have no idea why this charger is so much more problematic than the various other chargers I have used in this same socket.