Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre since launch day with no problems so far. Today I noticed my power button does not "click" anymore. This is really annoying as i have to press the button harder. Has anyone else had this problem and can it be fixed? Can Sprint replace the phone if I have insurance?
    I've started noticing it too in the last few days. It definitely seems a little more wobbly to me than usual.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    i have had mine since opening day as well..and today my power button stopped working altogether. There is no longer any "give"..and it doesn't work at all. Hopeful to get a replacement tommorrow
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    This just happened to me as well. I'm furious.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    this happened to me for about 2 weeks and then it magically fixed itself.... my theory is there was a piece of sand or something in there. not sure how it could have resolved itself as it really felt (to me) like the switch had failed.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    happened to my first pre, yes sprint will replace it if you have insurance
    mine no longer pushes and as off today, not longer allows the screen to turn off.
    Is it me, or is the Pre popping up with more and more design flaws.

I can only knock on wood so many times!
    My launch pre, just last week, wouldn't allow me to turn my screen on/off and then started going bezerk giving me the turn off notification every 5 minutes. I concluded that the power button had a short and had planned on returning it the next day. That was Sunday night and it has fixed itself since then. Wierd.
    Quote Originally Posted by xvipx View Post
    I've had my Pre since launch day with no problems so far. Today I noticed my power button does not "click" anymore. This is really annoying as i have to press the button harder. Has anyone else had this problem and can it be fixed? Can Sprint replace the phone if I have insurance?
    Thanks for posting this. I thought it was my extended battery case that caused this but apparently not. I have the same thing.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    weird. i actually just dropped the phone right on the power button (scuffed because of pavement) and it still clicks like the first day i got it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I guess I'm going to wait a bit longer and see if it fixes itself.
    Try playing with the ringer switch since it's next to the power button. Maybe that will shake whatever loose.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)