1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Will Pre Central change it's name to webOS central?
    I was thinking the same thing but was afraid to ask
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I just hope Palm doesn't decide to make a budget webOS device. They'll all share the same app catalogue, and currently, the Pre is their "high end phone." If they start making webOS phones with, let's say, smaller screens, no 3g, no accelerometer, no keyboard, less power, etc, then developers will have to dumb down apps they put in the app store so that they can accommodate all webOS devices. Just something I've been worrying about ever since I heard about the Eos or pixie...or whatever it is.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Just make it Pre-WebOs Central quick easy and future proof.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    I just hope Palm doesn't decide to make a budget webOS device. They'll all share the same app catalogue, and currently, the Pre is their "high end phone." If they start making webOS phones with, let's say, smaller screens, no 3g, no accelerometer, no keyboard, less power, etc, then developers will have to dumb down apps they put in the app store so that they can accommodate all webOS devices. Just something I've been worrying about ever since I heard about the Eos or pixie...or whatever it is.
    McNamee has said that all Palm phones will have keyboards. I can see possibly a webOS phone with a smaller screen or less processing omph, but I don't see any being crippled in comparison to the Pre (especially with regards to the 3G connection).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    How about PalmCentral? webOScentral is probably doable but not as catchy IMO. Or maybe they will start a different site for the 'Pixie' and other webOS devices that are started. They changed the name from Visorcentral to treocentral, so I'm sure that it isnt a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    How about PalmCentral? webOScentral is probably doable but not as catchy IMO. Or maybe they will start a different site for the 'Pixie' and other webOS devices that are started. They changed the name from Visorcentral to treocentral, so I'm sure that it isnt a big deal.
    Handango owns it: www.palmcentral.com
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    The Pre is of poor hardware quality. A budget phone in a candy bar form would probably be better made.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang