1.    #1  
    I have the homebrew app but When I try to play a message in dkGoogleVoice by clicking on GV then clicking on play,nothing happens. When I try to play my voicemail through the GV website for mobile, I get an error message that says, "There was an error playing the file."

Is it possible to listen to gv message on the pre????

Thanks,
    Brian
    You are not alone. I have the same issue. I was hoping for a magic solution to this but I haven't found one with my searches yet.

Even with Gdialer Pro, I get the same message. I can get them on my computer, but that's not helpful when I'm away.

Anyone know what might be going on?
  3.    #3  
    I am glad to see this finally getting some attention. Especially since Blackberry and Iphone can play the GV messages even without an application.

Hopefully somebody is working on this.
    I believe the Pre just doesn't support the audio filetype that the google voice voicemail is in. Hopefully this will change soon.
  5.    #5  
    The audio type is streaming Mp3. This is standard for smart phones.
    I was afraid it was something as simple and difficult to rectify as that!

Is there something that can be done to correct this? Some sort of converter or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by laphotoparty View Post
    The audio type is streaming Mp3. This is standard for smart phones.
    Oops, I was typing while you replied this. Hmm. What's the issue then?
    Oops... you're right... I thought I remember it having a strange file extension.
    The file is an mp3 format (or wav, I am not sure). However I read somewhere around here that the link for the file doesn't contain a proper filetype extension. So the phone doesn't play it properly.

Hopefully Google can release some API's that allow voicemail retrieval so the GV apps can incorporate it.
    Follow Me On