Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For me, it's the ease of use of getting on a computer as opposed to trying to navigate certain web pages on the browser. I find the Pre browser to be in need of improving for loading issues (loading only part of the page and having to do a browser reset), and other text formatting problems. I hope with the Flash update and future updates to the browser, that it will only get better.

What are your reasons?
    Only 8 gigs
    My Pre can't run music production software like my Imac can.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    My computer has a 17" monitor.
    I could probably do without a computer if I could just copy paste anything, and download files off the internet
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I can't imagine there is anyone who uses their Pre "exclusively" over a computer. It's a heck of a smartphone, but it's hardly capable of replacing a desktop or notebook. Since I got my Pre, however, I find that I get up from the couch much less often to go check something online. For quick Wikipedia or Google searches, the Pre rocks!
    my puter has a mouse.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    My GTX 275
    Quote Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
    I can't imagine there is anyone who uses their Pre "exclusively" over a computer. It's a heck of a smartphone, but it's hardly capable of replacing a desktop or notebook. Since I got my Pre, however, I find that I get up from the couch much less often to go check something online. For quick Wikipedia or Google searches, the Pre rocks!
    +1. I can't imagine anyone who uses a smartphone, be it the Pre or iPhone, as a replacement for a desktop or laptop. I type way faster on a regular keyboard, I get a bigger monitor, wireless is more reliable, etc.
    easily the monitor...if it had video out, it would be a tougher question.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tptshoe View Post
    My computer has a 17" monitor.
    exactly. screen real-estate, and a better keyboard

Having said that, I spent 2 weeks in sweden visiting my inlaws last month and had taken both my laptop and my pre (the pre was on their wireless network) - I didn't even take out the laptop..

btw the pre awesome over wifi only..
    -m
    My ATI 4870X2 and the 26" monitor

I like the full keyboard size too, plus the comp. has Flash, Java, etc...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    I think a better title for this thread would be "What prevents you from using your Computer exclusively over the Palm Pre?"

For me THAT would be getting out of bed & waiting 5 minutes for my PC to boot up completely to hit the web... or to watch a movie in bed... bathroom browsing (yeah i said it)... sudden outdoor web access (can't take the computer with me even if only for a moment outside).... can't take my PC to work... etc.
    bigger monitor, better web browsing, louder speakers, bigger hard drive. etc
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Mouse and lightning fast app switching. I use alt-tab dozens to hundreds of times a day on my PC, and it responds instantly. Also, I don't have to constantly zoom in and out of large complex web pages.
    Web downloading, flash, and file management (I know there is a patch for downloading but I don't want to root atm)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    This can apply to any smart phone really.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Video games. And my 23" monitor.
    spel checck
    My 8 core Skulltrail, 16gb of RAM and two 4890s in crossfire
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP