1.    #1  
    I know that this post will bring out the Pre attack dogs--I am trying to love the Pre--I got it the first day, and have used Palm devices back to the 270. I understand about being patient for new apps, that this is first-generation practically still beta software. I do believe that some functions improved with the 1.1 update. I believe...

But practical use is showing me that this is not a good phone. The ringtone/vibrate is much too soft even at the loudest setting. The phone is hard to answer, particularly when already in unlocked mode. Just today I could not get a phone number sent in a text message to dial just by tapping--I ended up having to dial it myself. Yesterday, when I missed a call because I could not answer it, getting the phone to reset so I could make an outgoing call took much longer than it should have. All I could think is that if it had been an emergency I was holding a very unreliable device.

Every day I turn off the weather in my calendar, and the next day it reappears. I have been forced to use Google calendar and contacts just to make the calendar halfway functional, and it is still poor at best. I would not depend on the calendar nor the alarm clock for anything vital.

Now my battery is dead, again. Again, very unreliable, very unpredictable. I find myself making excuses for my phone, trying to come up with reasons to hang on. I do not know what to do. I spend a lot of time reading on PreCentral looking for hope. There was no point to this post other than to say that I am losing optimism and do not understand how Palm could take my loyalty, and the loyalty of thousands like me, for granted. Their silence is deafening.
    solid third post
    This signature for rent
    how come half the people who complain only have few post?
    I'm sure if people do there research on the phone they could solve it.
    If not a lot of the problems they are complaining about were there before they"got it.
    i'm saying the pre is perfect but I just wish people would research the phone before they buy it and research any problems that might come up before they start saying stuff like ↑↑↑
    I think the answer is simple. If the Pre isn't working out for you, move on to something else. Why keep torturing yourself?
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Unless you're incapable of operating a touchscreen, I don't see what's hard about pressing an on-screen button (unlocked) or sliding up (locked). And furthermore, why did you reset your phone just to call someone back?
    Real Men of....

seriously he has had the phone from day 1...day 1....why would he need to post? I mean he never had questions or needed help, in fact everything was perfect until today. today was the day it all came to a head....and he needed to tell show us the problems he has had with the pre...all with out bothering to search for related threads....Mr.neverposted before but giving advice to palm about being silent..... this Buds for you...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I don't know why would anyone deliverately invite this type of behaviour. We do not encourage this. I am closing this thread before it gets worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by PREbiotic View Post
    I know that this post will bring out the Pre attack dogs--I am trying to love the Pre--I got it the first day, and have used Palm devices back to the 270. I understand about being patient for new apps, that this is first-generation practically still beta software. I do believe that some functions improved with the 1.1 update. I believe...

But practical use is showing me that this is not a good phone. The ringtone/vibrate is much too soft even at the loudest setting. The phone is hard to answer, particularly when already in unlocked mode. Just today I could not get a phone number sent in a text message to dial just by tapping--I ended up having to dial it myself. Yesterday, when I missed a call because I could not answer it, getting the phone to reset so I could make an outgoing call took much longer than it should have. All I could think is that if it had been an emergency I was holding a very unreliable device.

Every day I turn off the weather in my calendar, and the next day it reappears. I have been forced to use Google calendar and contacts just to make the calendar halfway functional, and it is still poor at best. I would not depend on the calendar nor the alarm clock for anything vital.

Now my battery is dead, again. Again, very unreliable, very unpredictable. I find myself making excuses for my phone, trying to come up with reasons to hang on. I do not know what to do. I spend a lot of time reading on PreCentral looking for hope. There was no point to this post other than to say that I am losing optimism and do not understand how Palm could take my loyalty, and the loyalty of thousands like me, for granted. Their silence is deafening.
    The one reliable statement in the post.