1.    #1  
    Hey all, hope you guys can help. I tried searching but didn't find any post.

Anyways, i find that when i launch the internet it pops up in portrait mode and I have a hard time getting it back to landscape mode. It takes several times to close the internet and moving my phone vertical+horizontal to get it back to landscape (which wastes a lot of time!). Sometimes it even start up upside-down..

Anyone with me on this? could it just be a software bug that will hopefully be fixed within the next update? could it be a bad hardware mechanism that detects when the phone is horizontal or vertical?
    how long have you had your phone?/how long has this been happening? Are you using webos 1.1? or is it older. because a lot of the 'rotating' issues with the browser were fixed in 1.1
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    how long have you had your phone?/how long has this been happening? Are you using webos 1.1? or is it older. because a lot of the 'rotating' issues with the browser were fixed in 1.1
    Got my phone august 9. Which is exactly 2 weeks as of now. This started happening about a week ago. Im using webOS 1.1.0
    I was kinda hoping it was a 1.1 problem...lol. I'd suggest trying a hard reset, and if that does not fix the issue, see sprint about a replacement.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    I was kinda hoping it was a 1.1 problem...lol. I'd suggest trying a hard reset, and if that does not fix the issue, see sprint about a replacement.
    lol yeah i thought about. ill try that. thanks for the quick response!
    I had this exact problem, and someone else in the forums helped me. Go to Device Info -> More Info -> Preferences -> Interactive Tests -> Screen. Worked like a charm!

Mike
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have this exact same problem. Phone was bought 1 wk after launch. A full wipe with WebOS Dr did not help. I just Tried the interactive test... Lets see if it helps.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    One thing I have noticed that helps the screen to rotate more consistently is to make sure you are holding the phone perpendicular with the ground when you do the rotate. If I hold my phone too "flat" the rotate can give me unexpected results.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pistos View Post
    One thing I have noticed that helps the screen to rotate more consistently is to make sure you are holding the phone perpendicular with the ground when you do the rotate. If I hold my phone too "flat" the rotate can give me unexpected results.
    I find this is the key. if your screen is parallel to the ground, the rotation does funny things. Make sure your pre is "sitting up in bed" not lying down flat on its back.
    I find it helps to rotate the screen as soon as the page starts loading. It seems to always switch to landscape mode when I do it that way.
  11.    #11  
    sweet, thanks for the help guys. Also, thanks mike. That was very helpful!
    Since 1.1 my browser sometimes opens in landscape when I have it oriented in portrait mode. There have been other posts about this. A couple times upside down too.

I can always correct it easily by rotating (with phone perpendicular to ground, like pistos says) back and forth, no need to restart browser.

I'm convinced it is a bug introduced with 1.1.