1.    #1  
    So I got my replacement Pre, which was a reconditioned unit, and I noticed some small things that made me nit pick the device. My previous device was great, however comparing it to this one, made me take the reconditioned unit back.

So the reconditioned unit I received, when it's slid out and you push the home button or press anywhere along the gesture bar, will press against two areas of the LCD screen, causing a color ripple effect that happens when you press your fingers on any LCD screen. To me, this is a no no, because this will decrease the life of the LCD and even be on the road for dead pixels as well. Plus when using the gesture bar, it has a creeking noise as well.

So I went back and told them that it was unacceptable, because my previous device never did any of this. The sprint manager told me that the rippling effect didn't hinder any technical issues, therefore could not replace it. I then explained that "I paid $300 dollars for this device, therefore I expect a replacement that meet the same build quality I had before."

So he paused, slightly sighed and had me fill out a form and told me that there will be another device on order for me in about 3 days.

I'm now thinking in my head, that they will be seeing me very often if I don't get a device without any issues. Am I being annoying and nit picky or would you agree with my actions?
    Last edited by groovdafied; 08/23/2009 at 04:16 PM.
    That happens to my Pre to some extent. I understand the need for an acceptable device, but I think that was a minor issue. I'm sure you had to push a bit of pressure to create the LCD ripple effect...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    That happens to my Pre to some extent. I understand the need for an acceptable device, but I think that was a minor issue. I'm sure you had to push a bit of pressure to create the LCD ripple effect...
    It happens when pressing the home key, and I'm pretty gentle when it comes to the phone. And when seeing that big rippling spot (and it's not just one spot, it's in two places), it just sticks out like a sore thumb, and worries me. I even accepted the fact that the device was creeking, and that the slider is a bit wobbly when closed. Not as bad as an oreo, but noticably wobbly. I accpeted that, but to me seeing stuff like that on my LCD screen was a bit unsettling.
    I see. That is a little more clear now. I can understand your situation now since that issue could result in dead/stuck pixels in the future. Just be glad that the manager was willing to order you a new Pre.

I think it's justified now... the Pre shouldn't have that problem. The LCD screen is probably too close to the external casing and is causing pressure.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Yeah, i think as long as you arent being too demanding about it and just letting them know you paid good money for a great phone, and you would very much like to have a great phone