Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm almost there, but hit a roadblock. When I try to install file coaster, I get an error message that there is "no device" -- even though my Pre is plugged in. I've tried both "just charge" and USB modes. Neither works. Can't figure this out? Help??
    did you purt it in Dev mode.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Are you sure you have enabled Developer Mode on the Pre? Sometimes I forget that step.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    I'm positive it's in developer mode -- I even turned dev mode off, then restarted; then turned it back on, then restarted. But I keep getting a message to "connect your device." It's connected, and "just charging"; I also tried it as a USB device. Thoughts?
    did u try any other usb ports, if that dont do it go to your safety remove hardware list on your pc and make sure it shoes the Palm Novacom and usb mass storage if the novacom is missing then you left something out
  6.    #6  
    I've tried both USB ports that I have on my PC. The Pre shows up when I hit "USB mode" and I can transfer files to it. But the Quick Install doesn't recognize a device as a connected. Same thing when I hit "just charge" mode -- no device recognized. WebOS Doctor is installed. I just can't figure this out.
    did you updated your java and make sure it was working properly, you should have 1.6
  8.    #8  
    I have Java v.6.15 and have confirmed that it's working.
    Did you follow the trouble shooting guide on the first page of the quick install thread for "no device error?"

It's a common error. Jason has put together a guide to follow if you get this error. Give it a read.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1812484
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Did you follow the trouble shooting guide on the first page of the quick install thread for "no device error?"

It's a common error. Jason has put together a guide to follow if you get this error. Give it a read.
    I just ran through it and Novacom turned out too not be installed. It worked afterwards. Thanks!
    did you put the phone into developer mode?

See the precentral dot net article on how to install homebrew apps for the complete article.

"In card view (either no cards open or where you can see multiple cards at once), start typing “upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart” exactly as shown in quotes (no spaces and no quotes). Your developer mode enabler will slide up into view. Tap on the icon and you will see you can enable developer mode now (this lets your put programs on). You will be prompted to restart the Pre"

After you are done installing the apps, you should take it out of developer mode. If you download and install filecoaster from precentral dot net and you won't have to use the desktop interface and can enter a url directly into the filecoaster program.
  12.    #12  
    I've tried everything. Novacom is installed and running. I rebooted. Developer mode is on in the Pre (I turned it off and restarted; then turned it back on and restarted). Still doesn't recognize the device. I'm at a loss . . . .
    when that happens to me...(vista 32) i go to start type in services go to palm novacom....(even if it is already started) disable and then enable and then it works....always works to my knowledge
  14.    #14  
    Just tried it -- stopped, then started, Novacom. Still asks me to connect a device (that is, I swear, connected). What on earth??
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
    Just tried it -- stopped, then started, Novacom. Still asks me to connect a device (that is, I swear, connected). What on earth??
    wow....well im guessing if dev mode (on)
    making sure palm novacom is enabled and nothing else works for u....
    i got no idea
  16.    #16  
    Sigh. Thank you all for your help. I guess I give up.
    Sigh. Thank you all for your help. I guess I give up.
    did u c this?

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1812484
    That link should get you fixed. It took me about three to five hours to finally get everything working. I finally restarted my comp, hooked it up and i t recognized it. But definitely go to the link above.
  19.    #19  
    See my previous posts. I've tried literally everything in the guide and troubleshooting guide.
    See my previous posts. I've tried literally everything in the guide and troubleshooting guide.
    u sure u got webOS quick install 2.01?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast