1.    #1  
    Wasn't sure which subforum was best for this thread.

Anyway, I followed all the instructions on the How To page. I turned on dev mode, reset the phone. I dragged the filecoaster app into the QuickInstall window, plugged in the Pre on charge mode, and clicked Install. It said something to the effect of 'error - no device found.' Now it has spinning arrows reading "Connecting to device..." for the last 5 minutes. Trying to click X on this window does nothing. I'm afraid to unplug the Pre or ctrl+alt+del the quickinstall program and risk screwing up my phone.

What's going on?
    You need to have the phone connected to the computer before you hit Dev mode (when the phone prompts you, tap "just charge"). Make sure you have the latest version of quick install (2.01)

Also make sure you have the latest Java version 1.6 and that you have WebOS Quick Install and WebDr (you don't need to open up Webdr, leave it alone) in the SAME folder.

1. Connect your Pre to the PC
    2. Tap "just charge"
    3. Put it into Dev mode
    4. Allow the Pre to reset
    5. when the phone comes back online (out of reset). open up Quick Install
    6. You should be good to go now.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    The exact same thing is happening to me. I'm on 1.1 if it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    Wasn't sure which subforum was best for this thread.

Anyway, I followed all the instructions on the How To page. I turned on dev mode, reset the phone. I dragged the filecoaster app into the QuickInstall window, plugged in the Pre on charge mode, and clicked Install. It said something to the effect of 'error - no device found.' Now it has spinning arrows reading "Connecting to device..." for the last 5 minutes. Trying to click X on this window does nothing. I'm afraid to unplug the Pre or ctrl+alt+del the quickinstall program and risk screwing up my phone.

What's going on?
    Check the menu options on WebOS Install for something that allows you to reinstall NovaCOM (I think that's what it lets you reinstall) and give that a try. I think my Pre did the same thing until I used that option.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.