Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Pre loses charge when hooked to the Cornerstone. If I let it charge overnight, I have a dead battery (or very close). any ideas?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    maybe return the cornerstone to whatever bootlegger you got it from and buy the Touchstone?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GLawson View Post
    My Pre loses charge when hooked to the Cornerstone. If I let it charge overnight, I have a dead battery (or very close). any ideas?
    Open the back cover and try checking the two metal connectors immediately below the battery. You may want to *very* *gently* pull them upward toward the back cover with a screwdriver or knife. Be delicate. You may also want to wipe off the outside and inside of the back cover thoroughly with a cloth.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Haha! Cornerstone!
    Believe me, I'm not trying to make fun of you, but did you change the back cover to the one that's required to charge the Touchstone?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    Open the back cover and try checking the two metal connectors immediately below the battery. You may want to *very* *gently* pull them upward toward the back cover with a screwdriver or knife. Be delicate. You may also want to wipe off the outside and inside of the back cover thoroughly with a cloth.
    Thanks - the only reasonable reply. I am trying it.
    Troubleshooting 101

Is it (the Touchstone) plugged in? Are the connections tight and correct?

Eliminate the obvious first...
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    To be fair, rrob13 did right by you, as well.

But it really is funny that you called it a Cornerstone. Add in the likelihood that you didn't put the Touchstone charging door on the Pre and you've gotta expect a fair amount of ribbing.

Anyway, I hope it's working for you, now.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Based on past posts, the cable matters. Some usb cables are not set up correctly to power the touchstone. Can you confirm your configuration?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    do you the touchstone plugged into the ac charger or a usb port on your computer? the touchstone won't charge from the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxcv View Post
    do you the touchstone plugged into the ac charger or a usb port on your computer? the touchstone won't charge from the computer.
    Don't you listen? he bought a cornerstone! (J/K i couldn't help myself :P).

Now for my real post: Did you fix the problem? I noticed you thanked the guy who suggested that you change the battery door.
  12.    #12  
    OK, sorry, Cornerstone is the name of a local bar. The TOUCHSTONE charger is properly plugged in and my (correct) phone back cover adheres fine to the charger and the phone gets very warm when affixed but you can still watch the amount of the charge go down - maybe a percent every 1-2 minutes. It is plugged in to an outlet - not a USB. Cable is the one supplied with the phone.
    OK, sorry, Cornerstone is the name of a local bar. The TOUCHSTONE charger is properly plugged in and my (correct) phone back cover adheres fine to the charger and the phone gets very warm when affixed but you can still watch the amount of the charge go down - maybe a percent every 1-2 minutes. It is plugged in to an outlet - not a USB. Cable is the one supplied with the phone.
    Does it get warm / drain battery only while on the Touchstone or does it also do it while charging directly via power cable? If it also does it while charging straight from the cable, then it's not the Touchstone.

Try a reboot (Orange key + Sym + R), just in case something is hung up running CPU cycles.

How is the service in your area? If the cell radio is constantly looking for a signal where none is to be found, the Pre will get warm while charging. My Pre never gets warm on the Touchstone (even when I'm listening to a podcast or music).

Do you have instant messaging logged into Google or AOL (AIM)? That can be a battery drainer, too (although Palm did fix the AIM bug that was causing excessive battery drain).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I had a touchstone that stopped working after a month. I exchanged it at Sprint and the new one works fine. The old one, no matter how I positioned the Pre, wouldn't charge. No tone, no display nothing. The fellow at Sprint said I was the first to have a problem with a Touchstone at their store.
    Do you get the "ding dong" sound effect when you place your phone on the touchstone? Does the charging indicator come on ?
    My Pre loses charge when hooked to the Cornerstone.
    You have your Pre attached to a Styx album? There's your problem!

For cleaning copper or gold plated contacts a nice and easy swipe or to with a pencil eraser will work nicely its rough enough to take away all the grime but genital enough to not were off the coating... that is if its dirty
    Also just wondering what is a cornerstone ? do you mean touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    [...]its rough enough to take away all the grime but genital enough to not were off the coating... [...]
    wow

NOT the kinda contact we're talking about, here.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    a pencil eraser will work nicely its rough enough to take away all the grime but genital enough to not were off the coating
    Wonder what Freud would make of that?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast