1.    #1  
    I just put filecoaster on my pre last night and I really love homebrew apps. My only problem is I need to exchange my pre. Will filecoaster and all my homebrew apps move over to my new pre with the palm profile, or will I have to start over again? Anyone done it before?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    No, they won't travel with the phone. Backing up to Palm will restore your contacts and any official apps, but nothing Homebrew.

I had the same problem, and someone suggested I hook the Pre up to my PC and transfer all my Homebrew apps to QuickInstall, then re-install them all at once when I get the new phone. I didn't get home in time to try that, though, before I had to exchange mine. And even if you do that, you have to get Dev mode on before you can get fileCoaster back on, etc...

There's no quick-and-easy way to do it that I know of. It took me about 2 hours to get my new Pre in the shape my old one was, and now I have to exchange THAT one. (The proximity sensor and/or ambient light sensor don't work.) So I'll have to go through all of that again. I'm hoping my next one is a newer model and everything works so I don't have to go through it a third time!

Good luck!
  3.    #3  
    Wow that's really sucks. I love the phone but the build quality just isn't good. Thanks though!