Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I searched some for this issue/bug but didn't really find anything. I recently downloaded the ESPN zoom game, and the when you open it it blasts the sound as loud as it can. Even if you switch the sound off switch it doesn't do anything.

Very annoying and dangerous. I was at a wedding yesterday and I had to just play some games, i'm so lucky i did not download that one!! My wife would have murdered me.

I think when that switch is made, NOTHING should play.

any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post

any thoughts?
    Don't play games at weddings?

I agree, the silence switch on any phone should silence everything. If an application (radio, etc) wants to override this, there should be an explicitly worded checkbox to allow it to override the silence switch. Otherwise, silent should be silent.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    definitely a bug, but one thats in ESPN zoom... if you use the volume keys to lower system sounds completely, it won't go off.

Somehow, ESPN configured the game to take priority like the alarm clock does (if you have the toggle switch set to mute, the alarms still go off; however, if you lower the volume AND have the system set to mute, they won't audibly go off)
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    definitely a bug, but one thats in ESPN zoom... if you use the volume keys to lower system sounds completely, it won't go off.

Somehow, ESPN configured the game to take priority like the alarm clock does (if you have the toggle switch set to mute, the alarms still go off; however, if you lower the volume AND have the system set to mute, they won't audibly go off)
    Just tried pandora and it does the same thing. I think the problem is with webos, not the apps.
    as long as they dont disable the alarm sounding with switch off, then yes it needs to be fixed, but if it has to sacrifice the alarm for compleat mute, then no I'm notfor this being changed at all.
    wow, do alarms really still go off with the phone switched to silent? That's one hell of a bug!
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    This is a nasty bug.

The phone has one dedicated hardware *switch* with an
    umambiguous function, that is both easy to access without looking
    but also hard to accidentally activate, and it turns out it doesn't act like
    a hardware switch at all. It's just a suggestion and any app can
    choose to ignore it. That's *really* dumb.

Someone's going to get in a lot of trouble when their Pre sounds out
    at an inappropriate time.

ian
    I ran into that problem with the same game. I grabbed it while at work and booted it up. It took me much longer than it should have to close the app and shut the music up because i was freaking out....lol

I do wish the slider would mute everything.

On a small wish for the alarm clock I wish it would not require a proper screen unlock when it goes off, just let me push snooze or dismiss without having to fiddle with the unlock. This is a big issue when i get to work early and then at 7:00AM the alarm starts blaring.