1.    #1  
    What do you do if you set a PIN to unlock the phone but can't remember it?
    Give it back to the owner. How can one forget the pin if your going to be using it throughout the day.
    Do not snoop through your significant other's property unless provoked.
  4.    #4  
    Anyone with a helpful answer?
    go to palm.com
    and log in to your profile and have palm deactivate it
  6.    #6  
    Is there anyway to do it from the phone itself like a reset button or something? Like the old treos?
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Give it back to the owner. How can one forget the pin if your going to be using it throughout the day.
    LOLOL..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by italianguy728 View Post
    Is there anyway to do it from the phone itself like a reset button or something? Like the old treos?
    no
    how do you deactivate it using your profile?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    WebOS Doctor is about the only way that I can think of..

Perhaps a full erase..
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    ok what happens if u buy a used one like i did and it has a passkey set up on it what then ??? i need some way of
    getting in to change it so i can use the tablet . Or i guess amazon will get it returned if there is no way to reset it .
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shawler View Post
    ok what happens if u buy a used one like i did and it has a passkey set up on it what then ??? i need some way of
    getting in to change it so i can use the tablet . Or i guess amazon will get it returned if there is no way to reset it .
    Contact the seller and ask them, and they can probably let you in, so you can look around if there's any apps on it that you'd like to back-up.

If they don't help you, yes there's a way to reset the password by removing the password file via command line (Novaterm)

But..

If you bought it used, after you're done with going through their apps, you need to wipe it and do a "clean install". Take no chances. You'll never know if they had a keylogger installed on it.

When you get around to downloading the factory ROM for it, look here first: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...BGM/edit#gid=0

Once you find the correct device entry, copy the corresponding link and do a search for that URL on Archive.org. You can get the ROM (aka Doctor) from there, because HP has already taken down all of the support materials