Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a plan for Pre to add Video Camera functionality? I am not sure why such a good phone will not have this basic functionality. Quick video and sharing it via MMS or email is so neceassary nowadays. Don't want to imply that Pre should replace a Flip or Vado or a Camcorder. However, the ability to share it on the fly is so essential that this is a must for Palm Pre. If anyone has the info related to video camera, please share. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    CNET reported video would be added in an update by the end of the year. Palm Pre (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info. Hope it is sooner than year's end. Hate to see my wife and friends have this capability on their devices already.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    iPhone didn't have video until this year. (I know thats totally unrelated but I'm learning to think like an apologist and excusing every missing feature with a slam on the iPhone)

Video will definitely be a feature, but my concern is if the phone is going to be able to handle it. Taking pictures is already a slow and lagging task so will the OS be optimized enough that video won't bring everything to a crawl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Video will definitely be a feature, but my concern is if the phone is going to be able to handle it. Taking pictures is already a slow and lagging task so will the OS be optimized enough that video won't bring everything to a crawl?
    Really? Mine is pretty speedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    iPhone didn't have video until this year. (I know thats totally unrelated but I'm learning to think like an apologist and excusing every missing feature with a slam on the iPhone)

It will probably mostly be done in the hardware, which is more than capable. I doubt it will slow anything down whatsoever.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    CNET reported video would be added in an update by the end of the year. Palm Pre (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews
    But we need to tell Palm NOT to have a partition or folder that will only handle 5 sec of video. So we will not have to wait for a few months for another update to fix the partition problem like we are having with installing different Apps.
    Thanks for the CNET link, Tricia. I hope Palm actually keeps the promise!
  9.    #9  
    Any update on the video camera app? anything in webos 1.2?
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Any update on the video camera app? anything in webos 1.2?
    It's in it, but you have to use the alternate konami code to activate it while the screen is rotated and you have the on-screen keyboard activated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    It's in it, but you have to use the alternate konami code to activate it while the screen is rotated and you have the on-screen keyboard activated.
    I thought message forwarding was involved in this as well, no?
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamfrontosa View Post
    I thought message forwarding was involved in this as well, no?
    It then sends you a text message that you have to forward to a different address which will send an IM to your MSN or Yahoo account with a link to the iPkg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    I recken you're a liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    i recken you're a liar.
    *gaaaasp*
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Is there a plan for Pre to add Video Camera functionality? I am not sure why such a good phone will not have this basic functionality. Quick video and sharing it via MMS or email is so neceassary nowadays. Don't want to imply that Pre should replace a Flip or Vado or a Camcorder. However, the ability to share it on the fly is so essential that this is a must for Palm Pre. If anyone has the info related to video camera, please share. Thanks.
    Posts like this just beg for a standardized dictionary that we can all use that define "basic functionality", "necessary", "essential", and "a must". For me, video fits none of those categories.
    hello every one I just wanted to inform that I read on other post that video recording was coming out wednesday, but lets see how many wed. will go by before we see that app.
    That is A lot of Action. Im sure Palm will give us everything we want it just takes time.
    Lets just sit tight and wait
    Anyone else think they will go in the direction of an app in the app catalog for video recording and editing? If so how much would you pay?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Anyone else think they will go in the direction of an app in the app catalog for video recording and editing? If so how much would you pay?
    don't even joke like that
    its one thing to put it in the app catalog for free and have us choose if we want it and them charging for it
    if they charge for a video app i would lose all faith in palm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast