1.    #1  
    A story published in a recent TeleSemana article says Pre Palm could not bring the expected benefits for Verizon Wireless.

All the operators such as Verizon Wireless and Sprint Wireless that don't carry the iPhone are hoping and waiting for new devices that will be able to directly compete with Apple's device. One such device was the BlackBerry Storm, which did not achieve the desired interest, and now is the Palm Pre which is expected by operators like Verizon Wireless will market it in 2010 - Sprint Wireless Services already sells it.

The website Compete.com wondered if Verizon Wireless will compete against the iPhone with Palm Pre. The answers they got make interesting conclusion.

Only 1.7 percent of Verizon Wireless users at risk to drop out are investigated on the device. Nearly 14.8 percent of what the site calls "pre churners" would be interested 3G iPhone.

Based on these parameters, the conclusion is that the Palm Pre may not have much impact when it comes to retaining users at Verizon Wireless or at Sprint Wireless who are at risk of escaping their network. However, it's not know what "pre churners" really mean.

Written by Armen Hareyan
    Adapted from TElesemana
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Meh.. People are going to switch if they want to. Nothing is going to be able to stop them, really... With all of these retarded iPhone commercials popping up daily, I wouldn't be surprised if they steal most of the PDA market. There's a lot of people out there that don't know the ins and outs of how Apple operates and simply buy into their brand for the "hip" factor. I wasn't one to do it, nor will I ever be. I'm a Palm-***** until I die (or until they do, whichever comes first).
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Cell networks steal customers from each other all the time. Hell, Sprint stole me from ATT just recently because I don't care for the iPhone and think the Pre is a superior device.
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Meh.. People are going to switch if they want to. Nothing is going to be able to stop them, really... With all of these retarded iPhone commercials popping up daily, I wouldn't be surprised if they steal most of the PDA market. There's a lot of people out there that don't know the ins and outs of how Apple operates and simply buy into their brand for the "hip" factor. I wasn't one to do it, nor will I ever be. I'm a Palm-***** until I die (or until they do, whichever comes first).
    Agreed. They make me feel like this...
    We had been with Verizon for the last 13 years. My husband really likes the Palm products (we both had Treo 700s) and when he saw the Pre on display at Best Buy, he knew that was the next step. We did not have a contract with Verizon any more, so it was a easy switch for us. Verizon will have to change their plans to fit the Pre otherwise people will go over to Sprint. Everything is an add on at Verizon, even if you have a family plan, you have to add texting, add data (which is not unlimited) and that adds up to big bucks. We never had texting or data until we got these phones and we now know what we were missing. We love these phones.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    I never was much of an Apple fan oooo a fancy friggin MP3 player that holds alot of friggin songs... See the only thing and I mean the only thing that makes the iPod or the iPhone 3G as "cool" or as "valuable" as it is is the mass marketing thumbs up Steve Jobbs... In the dawn of the iPod there the was Juke anyone remember that? Yah i said FU apple and got the Juke which at the time was 10 gigs of music now it was a bit large but so was the first iPod.... Then I switched to MP3 Cds much easier and the cd player/cds are much easier to replace then an entire unit...

The Pre is a much superior device and me and my brother get into battles about it all the time he switched to ATT for their iPhone and jail broke it to have fun with it and we get into battles all the time to whose device does more crap...

Needless to say ive had my pre for about 2 months and Ive had MyTether working since it came out... with ease it was a simple walkthrough he still cant get his to work HAHAHAHA!!!!