1.    #1  
    I've had my Pre for a little less than a week now, and I love it. Unfortunately, I think I'm already experiencing some problems with the speaker. About a day or so ago, I stopped hearing the little "swoosh" sound when I closed a card, but didn't think it was a big deal or anything, and that it would eventually come back after a restart.
    Today, I noticed that my Pre's alarm wasn't sounding and that when it rang, it only vibrated. That's when I started to worry. I checked all the usual stuff, making sure the volume was turned up, that the ringer switch hadn't accidentally been switched to off, and that the phone wasn't in vibrate-only mode, but to no avail. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get any sound from the speaker, although I could hear through my headphones and the phone's earpiece just fine.

I also searched around and found a thread on the official Palm forums where someone else had the same problem, but it turns out that the cause of their problem was related to the mechanism in the headphone jack sticking after the headphones were taken out. I've checked and this is NOT the problem in my case.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I plan on going back to Best Buy tonight and seeing if they'll replace my phone, but I rather keep the one I already have, especially since I refuse to take one of those refurbished phones when I haven't even had my new one for a week. Any help would be appreciated
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    It is the headphone jack, stick a paper clip in there and get the pin unstuck
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
  3.    #3  
    Nope, it's not the headphone jack, but thanks for your suggestion.
    im having the same problem. no sound at all, just the vibrating. i inserted the headphones, and all i heard was a little static, but nothing played. anymore suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by techdubz View Post
    im having the same problem. no sound at all, just the vibrating. i inserted the headphones, and all i heard was a little static, but nothing played. anymore suggestions?
    Open up your music player and play an mp3 from your speaker, not your headphones. Can you hear it from your speaker?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    well i have to say i feel kinda of stupid.............i tried all this trouble shooting and then went and looked at the booklet. i forgot about that little slider at the top of the phone by the power button. just turned it back on........lol