Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I wonder if people actually know that the Palm Pre has a built in GPS that doesn't shut off even if you try to turn it off? I guess that means that if the Palm Pre gets stolen I guess the thief will be walking around with a tracking device in his hands that auto locates him. I wonder if this could be used someway to find stolen Palm Pres or phones. What about an app that could take advantage of that GPS so all you have to do is put in the SN of the device and it will pin point it.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    awesome idea, but Sprint won't execute it yet! I've seen several people who had Pre's stolen on different forums and Pre won't let them use GPS to locate them... Maybe when google latitude comes (if ever) it'll be possible to use it to find stolen Pres.
    Sprint has a family locator option you can add to your plan. If you go to a store and tell them your pre was stolen, they can activate the family locator and you can follow your phone in real time. I've hear several store reps do that. Be sure to show up with the police!
    Its close but family locator has already let a few forum members down...its.like a 400 meter area...but not pinpoint....however there is a hack for getting lats and longs sent to ur email every 5 mins...check webos internals
    Other phones have apps that can do that. I had it on my WinMo phone. The Iphone has it.
    I lost my pre last weekend. I called Sprint, and they said they would not track the phone unless I upgraded to a family plan.
    That makes no sense.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by road_kill View Post
    What about an app that could take advantage of that GPS so all you have to do is put in the SN of the device and it will pin point it.
    Not an app (yet), but hack that will do this.
    Patch webOS GPS Tracking - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    I lost my pre last weekend. I called Sprint, and they said they would not track the phone unless I upgraded to a family plan.
    That makes no sense.
    wow that basically sprint holding your phone as ransom, if anything sprint hired some ninjas to steal ur phone.
    windows mobile phones have programs that can log gps data if lost or stolen and can be activated remotely
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Family locator typically hits within thirty feet in the texas hill country.

Have all of the phones in household tagged, plus a cheezy phone buried in my trunk... Who needs lojack?