1.    #1  
    Wow,

I have heard about this, but I really didn't think it would be implimented so soon in the android, but now, they will be coming out with a version for the iphone!. WTF..

We need this app.. its a great app.. very useful!
    I had never heard of it. It does look very cool, with seemingly endless possibilities. I couldn't help but think Google will buy them shortly. Seems right up their alley.

Layar

Layar: First Mobile Augmented Reality Browser Is Your Real Life HUD - Layar - Gizmodo
    Don't you have to have a compass built in like the g1 and iphone 3gs have, so I don't think a program like this will work for the pre.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Don't you have to have a compass built in like the g1 and iphone 3gs have, so I don't think a program like this will work for the pre.
    Ya that may be something we'd need .. That sucks.. I never thought of that, I though it could be able to lock on GPS and give us a good idea of what direction we're in.. Or use the accelerometer to do the same? Why can't we use the Accelerometer to act like a compass?
    Post #22 appears to sum it up:

Compass? - Page 3 - Palm Pre Forums
    I honestly don't find this to be a true necessity. Definitely a cool factor, but I just can't see myself holding up a phone at eye level just to see the information of certain spots. I would agree that the compass does add better accuracy to the GPS, but having a (so to speak) HUD that I have to hold at eye level is something i see myself not using often as some may think.