Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You guys are doing some seriously awesome mods!! I've added homebrew apps and that's been about it for me. My respects to all you modders.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Seriously, I need to get on this modding crap when I have another day off. Some of this stuff looks amazing. Some of it not so much, but nothing is perfect...
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Great thread.

Subscribed!

I will be getting my PRE on Tuesday and I cannot wait to begin tweaking
    Now if only there was an app for that ;-)
    My ZomPre
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Nice!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    None of the tweaks performed to my Pre required any Linux access/rooting. I've never rooted my pre. WebOS Quick Install (the latest version) is my best friend. All you have to do is visit the WebOS Quick Install thread and download the necessary components and then you 90% there. All we're doing is grabbing the files from our phones, changing them, and then placing them back onto the phone. No modding expertise is need. None. Nada. Zilch. All you'll really need is a simple image editing software or the images you want to replace the OEM images with.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    question...I got my chat balloons into the usb, modified and back to usb. I'm trying to put them back. What am I doing wrong? I'm using- cp /media/internal/chat-balloon-left.png/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview to put them back, but it is not working. I'm putting it to rw. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    maybe i'm reading it wrong, but it looks like you're missing a space between ".png" and "/usr/..."
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Yes I am!! Thanks!! I typed that 6 times trying to figure out why it wouldn't go. I appreciate it. Do you now where the file for the backgroung for messaging is?
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Yes I am!! Thanks!! I typed that 6 times trying to figure out why it wouldn't go. I appreciate it. Do you now where the file for the backgroung for messaging is?
    try post #119 in the same thread i posted earlier
    How does your phone load so fast? that was like a 20-30s load. mine takes 90ish seconds
    Turboxide, how did you get the background of your messenger app to be black? I imagine it's just a .css file you edit, do you know which one? I'm gonna make a vid of mine in a few.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chaliween View Post
    How does your phone load so fast? that was like a 20-30s load. mine takes 90ish seconds
    just did a lunasys restart....it's a lot faster!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    lyncha:
    thanks! unfortunately, i can't say i've experienced your issue... i haven't modified my video player bg.

awrnsmn:
    to modify the text/chat app, you'll need to change the .css stylesheet and replace the appropriate chat balloon images. you can find out more in this thread http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-balloons.html

Success100:
    to be honest, you really don't even need to know linux/webos to make these changes. i believe you can make all these changes WITHOUT even rooting your pre. you should be able to do everything through WEBOS Quick Install. All you're doing is pulling the files off the phone, modifying them, and sending it back to the phone... granted, patching is more efficient than doing the process manually.
    how would you do this with WEBOS Quick Install like the theme of your pre is somethin i would pay some money for someone to do for me if i cant do it on the quick install
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i wish i wasn't so tired! I will have to read this tomorrow and figure out how to change the 'theme' thanks subbed
    Great looking tweaks. Have you added the virtual keyboard yet?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12