1.    #1  
    He said they have 4G up in about 3 or 4 test areas, and if I went there with my Palm Pre I would get 4G service!!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Unfortunately he's full of it. Sprint doesn't have any phones yet that are 4G.

Sprint expands 4G network; planning first 4G phone | Android Atlas - CNET Blogs
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    He said they have 4G up in about 3 or 4 test areas, and if I went there with my Palm Pre I would get 4G service!!
    Ok, so, you probably haven't read the other 4 gazillion posts about this. The pre is compatible with the 4g network but will not get 4g speeds in any way shape or from, period! If he told you that he was grossly misinformed as are alot of sprint reps unfortunately.
    I think Sprint reps should be equipped with a shock collar and every time they talk out of the wrong orifice they should get a severe shock. While I don't like the answer "I don't know" it is a whole lot better than made up crap!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    I think Sprint reps should be equipped with a shock collar and every time they talk out of the wrong orifice they should get a severe shock. While I don't like the answer "I don't know" it is a whole lot better than made up crap!
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Ok, so, you probably haven't read the other 4 gazillion posts about this. The pre is compatible with the 4g network but will not get 4g speeds in any way shape or from, period! If he told you that he was grossly misinformed as are alot of sprint reps unfortunately.
    The Pre is not "compatible" with WiMax, it doesn't know what it is. The PRe would not see the radio frequencies much like it doesn't see GSM, or AM/FM radio, etc. The Pre simply doesn't care about them because it doesn't know they exist.

You could argue that it is compatible because it doesn't interfere, but really that doesn't mean anything. The Sprint Pre is a 1xRTT/EvDO device, anything else won't work, but it also won't affect it negatively.

If you are in an area with 1xRTT and WiMax coverage but no EvDO (Which there aren't any at the moment, who knows if there will be), the Pre would only use the 1xRTT signal, it doesn't know the WiMax signal exists so it can't use it.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Again, like I have said in all the other 4G posts, I live 20 minutes outside Baltimore (the first test area). I have been there numerous times since launch day, all over the city, and all around the city, and have never seen anything other than 1x/EVDO. The Pre simply doesnt have the radio for it.