Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaty View Post
    OK here are a few shots where it's hot! Keep in mind about 130F is scalding for water
    Normal load temp (not idle) of a CPU is about 50 C give or take 10 degrees depending on quality of cooling medium. That is right around 130 F. So that would be normal. I think 190F or so is the rated max temps for CPUs. Idle temp of the battery is about 25-30 C (77-86F).
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    @desertmoon62: If you pay the seven dollars a month take it in man, who cares if it is even a minimal problem just take it in, get your money out of Sprint.

Anyone else think the thermal images were freakin AWESOME!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I know for sure that's not the hottest my Pre has gotten, I'll try to get an image when I can if it feels warmer

BTW this is the unit I used for the thermal image:

Fluke TiR4FT Flexcam Thermal Imager

It is pretty sweet
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    There appears to be an unknown but specific thing that causes a handful of people's pres to get hot. ... so far all indicators point to over taxed radios and cpu from service related errors.
    StoneRyno, thank you for this information. A friend of mine was reporting that his was getting very noticeably hot, and I'll pass this on.

I hope that PreCentral.net will examine this issue in a future post.
    Well, add me to this list.
    My phone starts to get not hot but very warm from time to time
    Should I take it back and complain or what?

Also, I have some stuff stored on my phone (Songs, vids, pics, numbers etc) will this stuff be lost if they replace the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    Well, add me to this list.
    My phone starts to get not hot but very warm from time to time
    Should I take it back and complain or what?

Also, I have some stuff stored on my phone (Songs, vids, pics, numbers etc) will this stuff be lost if they replace the phone
    Would you be willing to install the battery monitor app and look at the battery details and post what temp it reads when the pre gets very warm? Anything about 50C or less is perfectly normal. I'd worry and consider replacing the device if it was over 70C. Anything between 50C and 70C may reduce efficiency of the battery (increase drain). Don't quote me on that because I don't know the technical specs for that aspect of the batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Would you be willing to install the battery monitor app and look at the battery details and post what temp it reads when the pre gets very warm? Anything about 50C or less is perfectly normal. I'd worry and consider replacing the device if it was over 70C. Anything between 50C and 70C may reduce efficiency of the battery (increase drain). Don't quote me on that because I don't know the technical specs for that aspect of the batteries.

I never knew you could do that.

how can I do that....
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    I never knew you could do that.

how can I do that....
    Use webos quick install, preware, or filecoaster whichever it your prefered way of installing apps not in the official catalog. I believe it is in the precentral feed. Threads for each app are here on the forum so if you have never used any of them go ahead and read the first post in each of them to see which one you would prefer to use. I use both quick install and preware. There may be more than one way to install preware and filecoaster on to your pre if you decide to use one or both of those. I used quick install to install preware on mine. They are all easy to use just read the first posts since they explain how to install and any requirements needed to use.
    I was chatting with palm support and asked about heat and they said to restart the phone by holding the power button and switching the ringer off 3 times. It didn't really help me, but it might of for some people.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12