Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First, let me start by saying that I love my Palm Pre. I see the potential that this phone has, however I cannot get over the twisting problem that has progressively become worse in the 21 days that I have had this phone.

Initially I had no problem with the twisting effect after looking at the sliding mechanism on my own phone under the assumption this would be standard along the whole line. However, when I checked my sister's phone when she came back from her apartment in NY, I noticed she has no twisting effect at all. At this point

I decided to exchange my phone.

Today I brought my phone as well as my sister's phone and explained my situation to the Sprint trainee at the corporate store where I made my purchase. He was willing to exchange it until his rather rude manager told me that I could not since it was "designed to have some give". I then showed him my sisters phone and even had him hold the non-twisting Pre. I reminded him that I was still within the 30 day period and kindly asked for an exchange.

He then rather rudely commented saying,"Well of course there is going to be variations in production." He then directed me to his phone and said it wobbles as well. At this point, he denies my request.

This is when it gets a little ugly. I was going to ignore the statement but the manner in which he denied my request frustrated me.

I proceeded to tell him that his logic is flawed and that if this is the quality control of Palm, that I might as well return it. I also asked him since when were Sprint Employees allowed to purchase the pre for personal use.

Still, he would not exchange it.

I then logged into treocentral and showed him the thread as well as reminding him that I am still within my 30 days.

Still, he refused.

What do I do at this point? Do I call Sprint and make a complaint to have it noted when I return to the store tomorrow? Do I try my luck at another corporate store with the hope of not talking to some *******?

I really love this phone and don't want to resort to returning the phone all together only to reactivate my aging moto q.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    What do I do at this point?
    You go back and tell the manager if he doesn't want to exchange it, then he can return it and refund your money completely. Then, go elsewhere and get a Pre. Its Sprint people like that that really hurt Sprint's image as a customer-friendly company.

I had a replacement phone sent to me from tech support that twisted pretty bad.. My original did not.. I was able to get them to replace it with another phone that acted the same as my original (another refurb -- but clearly without the twist issue)

You're within your 30 days -- you're entitled to a new phone if you are not happy.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    They have to return it in your 30 days. I would go to a different store, as it does not sound like your going to get anywhere with that moron. I'll bet you go to another store, they will gladly exchange it for you. I was able to return mine after 36 days for a refurb that is PERFECT!! It is not normal, although I agree I don't think it will fall apart but, I understand, it brought out OCD in me I didn't even know I had. Make sure you get this done within your 30 days though to ensure no issues later. Just a bad manager. I would also call customer care and tell them your experience with him!!
    Throw the phone at his face. HARD.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

The most simple way to get your phone exchanged is to threathen them with cancelling your contract, you will get a new one inmediately, trust me it works every single time.
    A bit sad though, shows you how poor customer service can be in some stores.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    return the phone ..then buy a new one at the SAME STORE..what are they going to deny the sale to a ELIGIBLE customer?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    phidalgo - I had the same exact issue with my phone and ended up walking out of the store after the manager refused to exchange it under the 30 day and at the store that I bought it at. After calling sprint customer service the rep on the phone say "why not, you're still under the 30 days, he should've replaced it for you!". What ended up happening was that she was nice enough to contact another Sprint store and told them to give me a exchange. So I went to the Sprint store and had it replaced but I told them my issue was also the screen not detecting my input when I tried to unlock the phone. So the store replaced it due to bad touchscreen issue and not the wobbly issue. That's what I would do to try to get your replacement. Although my second phone was also wobbly and had stuck pixels which then I went to another store and got another replacement. Also had to talk to the manager to have them replace with a new one because they wanted to give me a refurb!!! Let us know what happens with your replacement.
    Either get your money back AND go to a different store or just go to a different store.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Also had to talk to the manager to have them replace with a new one because they wanted to give me a refurb!!!
    Several people have noted that getting a refurb is not a bad thing. The refurb has presumably been returned for issues that were then fixed. It's sort of a crap shoot when you demand a new phone. You might get a good one, you might not.