Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Let us know what happens... usually just by going to another store should resolve the problem. But I would probably just go back there and have them return it then say you want to purchase the phone after they did all the work to return it lol!!! More of a payback for not doing it for you in the first place...
    The guy did his job. He talked some BS and you left without exchanging.

Think of it as an educational opportunity for yourself. You have to be assertive or people will walk all over you. This is so true everywhere else. Insurance companies, attorneys, schools, car lots, buying a home, etc.

For instance, we bought some furniture (about 25k worth) for a new house. Upon delivery, they scratched our hardwood floor about 3 inches because a nail was in bottom of one of the pieces. He was very friendly and apologized. Wife called the store and they were sorry too and promised to send a gift card. Screw that, I called, got their manager, he gave me their insurance company. After a few visits, they ended up having to replace all the hardwood on the first floor since a match couldn't be done and sent a huge check. I ended up throwing a rug on it and will worry about it later.
    I believe this story because I got the same shpiel when I tried to return my phone.

After meeting a little resistance though, I just realized that I was within my 30 day return period and there was literally nothing they could do to stop me getting a new phone.

So the tech 'had to verify the problem' which meant they were going to refuse a replacement and I said "look I'm getting a new phone one way or another, if your tech thinks its fine then I'm just returning it and buying a new one, so however you want to do the paperwork..."

I had a new phone shortly thereafter.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    The guy did his job. He talked some BS and you left without exchanging.

Think of it as an educational opportunity for yourself. You have to be assertive or people will walk all over you. This is so true everywhere else. Insurance companies, attorneys, schools, car lots, buying a home, etc.

For instance, we bought some furniture (about 25k worth) for a new house. Upon delivery, they scratched our hardwood floor about 3 inches because a nail was in bottom of one of the pieces. He was very friendly and apologized. Wife called the store and they were sorry too and promised to send a gift card. Screw that, I called, got their manager, he gave me their insurance company. After a few visits, they ended up having to replace all the hardwood on the first floor since a match couldn't be done and sent a huge check. I ended up throwing a rug on it and will worry about it later.
    I completely agree that I should've been more assertive.

I just didn't have all the facts at the time to really make a compelling argument and now that I have called CS and have had my complaint noted, I won't be leaving the store unless I have a new phone in hand.

Thanks once again everyone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12