Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I've been looking into getting the Palm Pre for awhile now and just had 2 questions for current users that have it.

Is there anyway to stream WEEI radio on the Palm Pre?
    Listen Live Online to WEEI/WEII - WEEI, Boston, Massachusetts - The Stream Center USA Radio Station Search

I currently use that link to stream to my HTC Touch Pro, and listen to WEEI fairly often. Is there any application out there which would allow it to stream on the Palm Pre? I know Kinoma Play works very well on Windows Mobile phones and you can stream it through there but there is not yet a version out there for Palm Pre (although it has been requested many times in their forums). I assume it probably depends on the file type which is streaming.

Is there anything like Kinoma Play currently available?

My next question is a podcast question. Just wondered what program users would recommend for listening to podcasts. I have read something about PrePod and it seems to be a pretty good app at least from what I have read.

Any thoughts would be great,

Thanks!

~J
    I've been using PrePod every day since it came out. It has been one of the single biggest functionality increases for the Pre. It streams or downloads podcasts, retains bookmarks to resume listening (for either streamed or downloaded podcasts) and has a versatile and easy-to-use interface.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I would be greatly appreciative as well if someone knew how to stream weei live.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    There is a link at thestreamcenter The Mobile Stream Center USA - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, iPhone, iPod touch, Smartphone, or other PDA or mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE or 3G but it has the problem where it cuts out after 30 seconds. Hopefully Palm fixes this in the next update.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I emailed flycast (weei recommends using them for other platforms) and asked them if they were going to develop for the pre.. We'll see what they say
    I need my whiner line!
    Quote Originally Posted by rkesten View Post
    I've been using PrePod every day since it came out. It has been one of the single biggest functionality increases for the Pre. It streams or downloads podcasts, retains bookmarks to resume listening (for either streamed or downloaded podcasts) and has a versatile and easy-to-use interface.
    +1 Prepod is great!!!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hi,
    We are watching the Palm Pre's success and definitely intend to support it when there are enough Pre's to make it economically worthwhile for us. With all the development we're currently engaged in, it will be several months at the soonest, and possibly longer if the sales numbers do not meet our goals.

Thanks for your interest!
    Roy
    FlyCast
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    +1

I need my Dale and Holley!!!! I wish WEEI would go on FM here in the Boston area. AM is so crappy.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    +1

I am dying for this app. Shoutcast is already out with their product, but it does not cover my local stations.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    WEEI works now! 1.2.1 FTW!!!
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

how, where, on the web? Very good news
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    how, where, on the web? Very good news
    Check OP's link. Before this update, the stream would stop after 30 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    +1 Prepod is great!!!

Are you talking about something else or DrPodder?

DrPodder is great!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Are you talking about something else or DrPodder?

DrPodder is great!

Rob
    same app...originally prepod
    here's a direct link

http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WEEIAM.pls

working for me.

I'm very happy this is fantastic
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    This was essential, because AM radio is so spotty. They really need to get this on FM for the Boston area.
    Hey everyone, i am very sorry for asking but I would love to get WEEI on have tried to follow the steps above but I am having no luck. I have download DrProdder and tried to put in the URL that windzilla put in above but I get an error saying it cout not find title in the feed...so I know im doing something wrong. And I have tried to go the stream website directly on the Pre internet and i click on the little link nothing happens. Any help would be awesome, Thanks all. Go Boston Sports!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    This was essential, because AM radio is so spotty. They really need to get this on FM for the Boston area.
    103.7FM. my station LIVES on WEEI!!! I ALWAYS listen on FM 103.7
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    Hey everyone, i am very sorry for asking but I would love to get WEEI on have tried to follow the steps above but I am having no luck. I have download DrProdder and tried to put in the URL that windzilla put in above but I get an error saying it cout not find title in the feed...so I know im doing something wrong. And I have tried to go the stream website directly on the Pre internet and i click on the little link nothing happens. Any help would be awesome, Thanks all. Go Boston Sports!!!!
    Just go to http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WEEIAM.pls in your Pre's browser. It should stream automatically.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast