1.    #1  
    I did a search and didn't find anything like this, so I thought I'd share my findings.

I have been a WinMo user for the past 7 years so synching between computers has never been an issue. However, when I got the Pre I realized my synching bliss was no more. For starters I needed to move all of my data to Google, that was annoying.

I was determined to find a solution and here is what I have found that works pretty reliably.

So, Google has to be your source of truth. I guess you already knew that. Secondly, you need to purchase something. As far as I know, there isn't a free synching tool for PC outlook and Google that will take care of contacts (there is a free Calendar tool, but it does not do contacts). However, Google Apps offers a "free" (with purchase of Google Apps Pro) tool to do just that.

First, some background. As I understand it, there is a "Standard" Google apps account that is free of charge, but it does not come with the synching tool. To get this, you need a Pro (paid) version of Google apps. Considering it's only $50.00 per year, and they take care of hosting your email, I think it's a pretty good deal.

So with this, we can synch mail, calendar and contacts:
    1. Paid Google Apps account
    2. The Google Exchange migration app
    How do you synch notes? Well, that part is tricky. So far, I have moved from the outlook paradigm to evernote. Evernote is free and has apps for Palm Pre, PC and Mac. Initially it seemed like a pain, but within a couple of days I could see that evernote was FAR superior to outlook's notes.

For Mac, I have been using a program called SpanningSync. It is paid ($25/year or $60 forever). It works really well on my Mac and takes care of Calendar and Address book. Mail is done via your client and IMAP.

I hope this helps,

Ivan
    p.s. I hear Palm is working on Yahoo Calendar synch. I know there is a FREE app to synch Yahoo Calendar and contacts and that would mean you don't need Google Apps.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I have been thinking about switching from a hosted Exchange account to the less expensive Google Apps Pro. The only thing I can't figure out is whether Google Apps Pro syncs tasks. What is your experience with Google Apps Pro and syncing tasks?
    I found myself asking similar questions a year or two ago when my company switched from Exchange to Google Apps. We tried all sorts of solutions, and eventually came to the conclusion that the best solution is to stop using Outlook. It will be disorienting at first, but after you're used to it you will never want to go back to the headaches of sync problems. Just use the web interface for Google, and if you want to you can enable offline so you can still use email and other services when you don't have a network connection.

I now use Google accounts both for work and personal, and never worry about any of these issues.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I have been thinking about switching from a hosted Exchange account to the less expensive Google Apps Pro. The only thing I can't figure out is whether Google Apps Pro syncs tasks. What is your experience with Google Apps Pro and syncing tasks?
    At the moment tasks are not supported for synching. Though, this may soon be solved since Google recently took their tasks app out of beta.