1.    #1  
    does anyone know of a quick way to delete emails. i hate waking up every morning with 10 new emails and 8 of them are just advertisments and such. right now i just click on the email, wait for it to pull up and hit delete, then do it to the next one. So if anyone knows a faster way please feel free to share it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    swipe it off the screen (left or right)
    hahaha you pooor thing... i cant belive u didnt know about that ^
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    No way to do a batch of emails? Just one at-a-time?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    no...unfortunatly not as yet. hopefully that will be coming!!
    how would doing a batch of emails be faster than swiping? to batch delete you would still need to select all the emails then hit some sort of delete button, wouldn't that take longer?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    for the trash bin a delete all WOULD BE faster. Maybe not for the inbox and other folders, but for the trash it would!
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    how would doing a batch of emails be faster than swiping? to batch delete you would still need to select all the emails then hit some sort of delete button, wouldn't that take longer?
    Have a friend show you how it's done on a BB or WM for that matter. Method 1: Press shift, scroll as fast as you want to select mails by the dozens if you like, press delete. Method 2: press the delete key to delete the highlighted email one handed - repeat as fast and as much as needed for a lot of deletes. When you get a couple hundred emails a day, it's nice to not have to treat each one singly with a cumbersome gesture. The Pre sounds like it uses the same method as the original iPhone, which was cumbersome and slow.
    the swipe is more than effective. I deleted 10 emails in 10 seconds. I'd say thats ok with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    the swipe is more than effective. I deleted 10 emails in 10 seconds. I'd say thats ok with me.
    *APPLAUSE* You do that well when being timed. That's only about twice as long as it takes me on a BB - while I'm concentrating on something else. Thanks for the confirmation.
    If you can root then this may help:

Patch Email DeleteAll - WebOS Internals

Quote Originally Posted by WebOS-Internals
    This will add a button at the bottom of the screen with a trashcan icon between the Compose and Refresh buttons. Selecting the button will delete all email items in the list after prompting the user for confirmation

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    When I do that, the email is removed from the list, but when I re-open the
    inbox, the deleted emails are still there. I'm using an imap server though,
    where the emails are kept on the computer. Deleting while displaying the
    email works fine though.

Tobiah
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    What'd be nice is:
    (gesture + tap message), scroll down, (gesture + tap message) = select all message in between. Menu> "Delete highlighted messages." Or, even orange + tap, like a CTRL+click.
    Quote Originally Posted by breonhowe View Post
    ...i hate waking up every morning with 10 new emails and 8 of them are just advertisments and such. ...
    I wish I could mark things as spam in the Pre email client.

To copy or paste, one can place their finger in the gesture area and press 'c' or 'v'.

I would like the same type of functionality in regards to selecting emails. Place thumb in gesture area and press 'a' for all, then swipe right or left to delete. Alternatively, place thumb in gesture area and scroll to select blocks of emails. Of course, placing thumb in gesture area and tapping the desired messages could be an option too.
    no...unfortunatly not as yet. hopefully that will be coming!!
    That seems like the perfect quote for the Pre

Yes I do love the Pre!!!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    That seems like the perfect quote for the Pre

Yes I do love the Pre!!!!
    If you build it...

then it will be built.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    *APPLAUSE* You do that well when being timed. That's only about twice as long as it takes me on a BB - while I'm concentrating on something else. Thanks for the confirmation.
    No one cares about your BB the question was referring to deleting emails on a pre. Pay attention to the point of the thread. I was simply commenting on the ease use of the swipe
    There is now a Read All and Delete All email patch available in Preware and WebOS Qick Install.