Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hey Now!!!
    I'm new with my Pre. All it has is the basics and a couple of downloads that were featured in the apps store. What is the first thing I need to do to get started to get the full capacity out of my Pre?
    i have found different forums and many homebrewed that I don't know how to start.

Please help in getting started. I want to be cool like the rest of you.
    Oh and I'm not Linux, Unix saavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedaddy View Post
    Hey Now!!!
    I'm new with my Pre. All it has is the basics and a couple of downloads that were featured in the apps store. What is the first thing I need to do to get started to get the full capacity out of my Pre?
    i have found different forums and many homebrewed that I don't know how to start.

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new Pre!

One of the first things you need to know (and I mean no disrespect to any developers or anyone else by this) is that those who are good at creating technological wonders aren't always that great at creating instructions for their usage or installation.

Be prepared to have to fill in some gaps along the way using your own past experiences or the many, many, many posts (and posters) in various threads.

Good luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Here are links to a number of resources:
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    hombrews will be your friend until palm opens the flood gates to the app catalog
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    ok so finally I downloaded Webosinstall onto my pre. what shall I do to take some precautions if any prior to the new Palm Webos 1.2 soon to be released.
    ok so finally I downloaded Webosinstall onto my pre. what shall I do to take some precautions if any prior to the new Palm Webos 1.2 soon to be released.
    Installing homebrew applications will not be affected by 1.2 in any way. However, I would avoid installing any tweaks or themes though if you want to keep your Pre "clean" prior to the update...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I would get the WebOS Repair Utility located in the Homebrew category of the forums.

While you're at it, download WebOS Doctor [the WebOS Repair Util requires it anyway].

If you chose to install tweaks despite the warnings...the WebOS Repair Util should be able to get your Pre back to Factory Defaults...In Theory...uninstalling those tweaks...so that installing WebOS 1.2.1 when it's available won't bomb when it finds those tweaks.
    hell ya!!
    Hello Pre-Users and Spectators,

I am waiting the arrival of my pre, which will arrive tomorrow. I have read the forum postings and doing a lot of research even after my post-purchase decision. I surely hope I made the correct and best decision to go with the Palm Pre over the Apple Iphone.. Somehow, I found it difficult to roll with the masses a-k-a Walmart phone users and get an Iphone.

I informed a co-worker (an Iphone user) of my decision to go with the Pre and she asked.. what's a pre? I cannot wait to show her.

Regards,

Kaizen
    Hey Now!!!

If you are not a gmail user, that would be a good place to start. Get yourself a gmail account and begin syncing calendar, contacts, and email.

And if you haven't tried the Pandora or AccuRadio apps in the app catalog, you're really missing out on some good tunes!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer