Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    thats cool man... I always knew that sprint has really fast 3g compared to att..

I know a bunch of people with iphones and the 3g on those things are terrible!!

And it feels good to see that verizon came in last!!!! hahaha!!
    You could rely on anonymous internet polls for your opinions or you could rely on scientific studies for your viewpoints on things like:
    Customer Care
    Call Quality
    Customer Satisfaction

But at least Sprint's data is (theoretically) faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You could rely on anonymous internet polls for your opinions or you could rely on scientific studies for your viewpoints on things like:
    Customer Care
    Call Quality
    Customer Satisfaction

But at least Sprint's data is (theoretically) faster.
    I put little merit in these ratings. for instance, from JD Powers:

..study analyzes evaluations from customers who recently had an in-store wireless retail sales experience. Overall customer satisfaction with major wireless carrier-branded stores is based on four factors. In order of importance, they are: sales staff (49%); price and promotion (27%); store facility (14%); and display (10%).

..The study was fielded between July and December 2008 ....

I'm sure that the customer satisfaction and in-store training has really stepped-up with the introduction of the Palm Pre. In fact, I was rather impressed with my local Sprint store's knowledge of the Pre and Blackberries when I purchased.

Again, IMO, i wouldn't put much accolade into this award based on the metrics for this particular survey. Moreover the BGR and JD Power survey are analysis of two completely different aspects. I, myself, do not rate Sprint solely on the performance of a salesperson at a Sprint store.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I, myself, do not rate Sprint solely on the performance of a salesperson at a Sprint store.
    You, sir (or ma'am) are admirable. My first post should appeal to you then as it is a small sampling of the JD Power analyses, across 3 different aspects of the wireless industry, across an extended period of time. After all, one wouldn't want to base one's rating of a company based on the random comments of a blog that is routinely vilified on these boards thread, post, post, post, etc).

Did you forget to check out the call quality report I linked too? It's not all about customer service you know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You, sir (or ma'am) are admirable. My first post should appeal to you then as it is a small sampling of the JD Power analyses, across 3 different aspects of the wireless industry, across an extended period of time. After all, one wouldn't want to base one's rating of a company based on the random comments of a blog that is routinely vilified on these boards thread, post, post, post, etc).

Did you forget to check out the call quality report I linked too? It's not all about customer service you know!
    Yes, I saw the call quality. I think is a known fact that cdma is superior to gsm in regards to call quality. Hence the results in the JD Powers survey that Alltel, Verizon and Sprint (all 3 are cdma) rate higher than others. Sprint's somewhat lower scores takes into account Nextel's iDen which operates on modified TDMA technology, far inferior.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Yes, I saw the call quality. I think is a known fact that cdma is superior to gsm in regards to call quality. Hence the results in the JD Powers survey that Alltel, Verizon and Sprint (all 3 are cdma) rate higher than others. Sprint's somewhat lower scores takes into account Nextel's iDen which operates on modified TDMA technology, far inferior.
    It also includes Sprint's higher dropped call rates and failed connections which, in general, are inferior to the other CDMA carriers.