Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    p
    Last edited by italianguy728; 08/22/2009 at 01:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    att is gsm and palm pre is in sprint with cdma if you unlock it you can only use it in metro pcs i think not sure of that for sure but unless you have sprint you cant use it
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I'd sell it for more. And when the Pre fixes the issues it's got, you can get a later build date pre. These ones are a hit and miss and it sucks. I'm on my 3rd Pre. Thinking of trading it for a 4th due to power button issue, but I'm not sure yet. Although this is a 1st gen pre, but I didn't imagine it to be this bad.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    unlocking it???

sprint is CDMA and att is GSM so unlocking it would be pointless..

I say just sell it and buy a pre at the shack for 150 with new activation when your contract with att is up...

or at best buy for 199 with new activation...
    Quote Originally Posted by italianguy728 View Post
    I was able to get a Palm Pre for an extremely low price and I love it but I cant use it lol. I have AT&T and my contract doesnt expire for months. Anyway I can unlock the Pre? Any alternatives for what I can do?
    Wait wait wait. You bought a Palm Pre, a new device offered only on-contract for at least $200 or off-contract for $600+, at an "extremely low price" with no idea if you could even use it? Not to jump to conclusions, but it sounds like you bought a stolen Pre. If thats the case, the MEID/ESN would be banned from the CDMA network, making it essentially a fancy-looking paperweight.

If not, then there is no physical way to get the Pre, in its current form, to work on AT&T, unless you have a docterate in electrical engineering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    yeah, sell it and wait for your contract to expire or what not.

if you did get it for a "steal," the MSL has indeed most likely been banned from the network anyway lol
    Just carry it with you and pretend to talk on it. People here, at least, will think you're "cool" pretending/wishing to be a legit Pre user.
    ...or...
    Just call AT&T and ask to get escalated to the upper tier of support. I'm sure they can help you. If the technician is savvy enough, he might get you front-paged on Digg
    extremely low price? lower than $199 + tax? And its in good and working condition?
    I smell a stolen Pre...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    If it's not stolen, you should be able to get it activated on Verizon- the other major CDMA provider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    If it's not stolen, you should be able to get it activated on Verizon- the other major CDMA provider.
    You sure about that? VZW only allows devices that have been certified for their network. Very few devices are certified to work that are not specifically locked to vzw.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Well with pre coming to big red next year,i t probabley will be certified so it can work on there network.
    Quote Originally Posted by road_kill View Post
    Well with pre coming to big red next year,i t probabley will be certified so it can work on there network.
    Doubt it. the Pre for VZW has tweaks that make the Sprint version incompatible.

Those who have hack the Sprint Pre on to vzw can't get all services to work, like 3G or sms
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    So im guessing that the "tweeks" are software issue then right?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    What a question!! You have a Pre (Sprint phone for now) what would YOU think you would need to do?!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Basically hack the phone software to get it to work of big red. But why should I hack it when I can let big red to the "tweeks" for free and legit? BTW where is that youtube video at of that guy who hacked his phone to VZ?
    Quote Originally Posted by road_kill View Post
    Basically hack the phone software to get it to work of big red. But why should I hack it when I can let big red to the "tweeks" for free and legit? BTW where is that youtube video at of that guy who hacked his phone to VZ?
    your last few posts make absolutely no sense
    Sprint's palm pre will not work on verizon. period.
    even when hacked it doesn't function correctly.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    thank you for clearing that up
    i wonder what Italian guy will do with his stolen palm pre?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    So italianguy, where did you get that phone? Considering the circumstances and you're 'italian', I'm leading toward it definitely being stolen
    Wow That just sounded wrong *cough "sterotype" cough*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast