Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. ndz
    ndz is offline
    ndz's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    So italianguy, where did you get that phone? Considering the circumstances and you're 'italian', I'm leading toward it definitely being stolen
    Are you serious?
  2. joelpalm
    joelpalm's Avatar
    #22  
    Hmm, and now he isn't posting? I wonder if the fuzz caught on to him!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by italianguy728 View Post
    p
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    Hmm, and now he isn't posting? I wonder if the fuzz caught on to him!
    Looks like he tried to clear/delete his post. Well, I don't know if it's stolen or not and I won't accuse anyone of it. But I do question what he was thinking when he obtained it. It sounds like he doesn't know much about cell phones.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    your last few posts make absolutely no sense
    Sprint's palm pre will not work on verizon. period.
    even when hacked it doesn't function correctly.
    ^^ what he said ^^
  5. cubefx's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #25  
    Actually I am interested in that question too. I want simple portable wifi internet radio for my mom. She is always listening to some online talk radio stations. Most portable units are in $400 range and made very cheaply.

    I would love to get her a used Pre and use it as portable wifi device. Heck, even if I buy one for $199 and then cancel the account for additional $200, it is still a pretty good deal.

    CUBE
    Anti iPhone wallpapers for your Palm Pre
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...allpapers.html

    Palm Pre X-Ray App
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...amera-app.html

    “Smile! It's irritates people.”
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    So italianguy, where did you get that phone? Considering the circumstances and you're 'italian', I'm leading toward it definitely being stolen
    I'm a new member of this site and I have not had reason to post to this moment. I have just been reading and educating myself. It only takes reading a few threads on a site like this to understand there are rude, insensitive and immature people who have no redeeming qualities and bring nothing to the site but trouble. Thank goodness there are moderators to keep those types in check.

    After reading the above post, I was outraged. This individual needs to be banned from using this site. There should be zero tolerance for such hateful language. I'm shocked there has not been more outrage for something so disgusting. If this individual is allowed to carry on unabated it will signal to the next miserable bigot that this behavior is tolerated on this site.

    Silence equals consent.
  7. zedomax's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #27  
    well, yes, it seems the phone is useless now, maybe just wait until verizon comes on-board with palm, maybe you can activate it with them or maybe sell it overseas?

    South Korea runs 100% on CDMA, they have a lot of hackers there who might be able to hack it to run it there. Perhaps if you know an engineer who works at Samsung in South Korea, he might buy from you... (I know such friends...) well, that's your niche market really...
    Check out http://PalmPre-Hacks.com where I document every hack I do on my Palm Pre.
  8. Tubal's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by nreeldeep View Post
    I'm a new member of this site and I have not had reason to post to this moment. I have just been reading and educating myself. It only takes reading a few threads on a site like this to understand there are rude, insensitive and immature people who have no redeeming qualities and bring nothing to the site but trouble. Thank goodness there are moderators to keep those types in check.

    After reading the above post, I was outraged. This individual needs to be banned from using this site. There should be zero tolerance for such hateful language. I'm shocked there has not been more outrage for something so disgusting. If this individual is allowed to carry on unabated it will signal to the next miserable bigot that this behavior is tolerated on this site.

    Silence equals consent.
    Dude, it's a forum, on the internet, posted to by anonymous users. Chill out with your moral authority.

    If you don't want your feelings to get hurt, don't get on the internet.
  9. #29  
    Turn on wifi and build a skype client.. when you're done post it in the Homebrew section..
  10. #30  
    oh and just because he got it for a low price doesnt mean its stolen.. it could have been lost and found or someone might just think the Pre is a piece of crap... or he could just be a liar... who knows?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    Dude, it's a forum, on the internet, posted to by anonymous users. Chill out with your moral authority.

    If you don't want your feelings to get hurt, don't get on the internet.
    Dude, it's a MODERATED forum, on the internet, for a reason.

    Found in the FAQ section:
    What if I see something offensive?

    "You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal."

    Apparently THIS forum does not share your viewpoint.
    If you want that brand of racially insenstive language to flourish , then create a forum of your own.

    Thanks for sharing anyway champ.
  12. #32  
    haha..nice read for a Monday morning..and I was going to make a pasta PREmavera joke for italianguy ; )
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by nreeldeep View Post
    I'm a new member of this site and I have not had reason to post to this moment. I have just been reading and educating myself. It only takes reading a few threads on a site like this to understand there are rude, insensitive and immature people who have no redeeming qualities and bring nothing to the site but trouble. Thank goodness there are moderators to keep those types in check.

    After reading the above post, I was outraged. This individual needs to be banned from using this site. There should be zero tolerance for such hateful language. I'm shocked there has not been more outrage for something so disgusting. If this individual is allowed to carry on unabated it will signal to the next miserable bigot that this behavior is tolerated on this site.

    Silence equals consent.
    Just like the real world, there are many types of people in these forums. It is unfortunate that the things we can say. However, there are appropiate tools (already mentioned) for reporting unaceptable behavior. Please note that this is a process that we posters wont see. So if you and I report someone, no one else will know that we did unless we inform them. So your post could be short sighted, not knowing who has already 'Reported' that poster's comment.
  14. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    Dude, it's a forum, on the internet, posted to by anonymous users. Chill out with your moral authority.

    If you don't want your feelings to get hurt, don't get on the internet.
    You don't think there should be some kind of code in the forums. The moderators keep an eye on things, so that should tell you something. I am not defending nreeldeep, but agree you should use some form of edicate when posting here. Tubal, you need to keep in mind what this site is about and what it is for, we need to keep it clean and respectfull to others. This is hear to talk about the Pre, to help others, and get help yourself, not to trash talk! Keep that in mind in your future posts.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    You don't think there should be some kind of code in the forums. The moderators keep an eye on things, so that should tell you something. I am not defending nreeldeep, but agree you should use some form of edicate when posting here. Tubal, you need to keep in mind what this site is about and what it is for, we need to keep it clean and respectfull to others. This is hear to talk about the Pre, to help others, and get help yourself, not to trash talk! Keep that in mind in your future posts.

    I personally think that by choosing to use an ethnic username on a forum you open yourself to this type of situation..people need to lighten up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions